Nebulizer available on the Disney Wonder?

disneyfool_1202

The countdown has begun!!
My DD has episodic asthma- it only kicks up if she gets a chest cold, and then she needs nebulizers for a day or two until she gets over the "hump". Currently she's healthy, but her brother has a sinus infection that may or may not be viral. He's on antibiotics but if it is viral they won't work and DD will be at risk for catching the virus and will end up with a cold - while we are on the ship next week....
I want to bring her albuterol and mask, but was hoping to leave her nebulizer at home. I can only do this if they have one on the ship. Does anyone know? I cross posted this in the DCL cruise thread. Any help would be appreciated- we leave on Sunday!!

Hi,

You should bring your own nebulizer. These require a prescription. When you have asthma you should always have emergency treatment available.

Bring your own. You would probably need to see the ship's doctor to be able to use their neb. Never ever see the ship's doctor unless you are bleeding (badly) or think you are dying. They charge a fortune. We were on a 12 day cruise and my son ended up not pooing for 8 days. The otc remedies we brought were not working so we went to the ship's doctor. The incident is now refered to as the $80 poop.

Recently there was a post on nebulizers at the nurse's station in WDW parks. The summation was that WDW staff cannot give out nebulizers.

They can give out over the counter medicine but not prescription drugs by law. Also it would be unsafe, insurance company viewpoint, to give someone prescription drugs without medical history and being prepared for reactions. For example, my mother needs lower doses of medicines as she regulardoses of any medication overmedicater her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter