Neck pain from using ECV?

ammag

DIS Veteran
I bought my own ECV- the pride go go traveller elite- for home use and im finding that its causing horrible neck pain. Ive tried to search here and google but i end uo with a lot of info thats not relevant.

Does anyone have any advice? I went to the bronx zoo tuesday and not only was i pretty miserable then, its still hurting on friday! Im needing to ride all day tomorrow and the thought is unbearable. It didnt seemt o help to move the tiller closer or further away and there is no height adjustment. What am i dong wrong?

Im thinking i didnt have this issue in the parks due to getting uo more often for rides etc.?

I bought my own ECV- the pride go-go traveler elite for home use and I'm finding that it's causing horrible neck pain. I've tried to search here and google but I end up with a lot of info that's not relevant.

Does anyone have any advice? I went to the Bronx zoo Tuesday and not only was I pretty miserable then, it's still hurting on Friday! I'm needing to ride all day tomorrow and the thought is unbearable. It didn't seem to help to move the tiller closer or further away and there is no height adjustment. What am I doing wrong?

Am I thinking I didn't have this issue in the parks due to getting up more often for rides etc.?

I don't really have an answer for you. Maybe the seat of the scooter is not suited for you and maybe it is causing the pain. You might want to check with your physician.

I think being in any one position for hours at a time can cause issues. Is it possible to get up and walk for a while and have someone else drive it or park it? Maybe contact the manufacturer and see if they have any way to adjust either the seat or handles.

I bought my own ECV- the pride go go traveller elite- for home use and im finding that its causing horrible neck pain. Ive tried to search here and google but i end uo with a lot of info thats not relevant.

Does anyone have any advice? I went to the bronx zoo tuesday and not only was i pretty miserable then, its still hurting on friday! Im needing to ride all day tomorrow and the thought is unbearable. It didnt seemt o help to move the tiller closer or further away and there is no height adjustment. What am i dong wrong?

Im thinking i didnt have this issue in the parks due to getting uo more often for rides etc.?

It could be because at Disney World you are hopping on and off, going to and from rides, attractions, shows and meals.

And it could also be because of some other issue; it could be that there is *just enough* difference in how your personal device seats you - and how far you must reach for controls, the posture and movements required to use your personal scooter - than the one you rented at WDW.

I think in order to find the root cause of your pain, you may have to do a bit of sleuthing; is it worse if you use only one hand/arm? Do you find that there is less pain if you change your sitting posture? Were you holding your head differently? (maybe because you had on a hat or visor that changed or limited your field of vision)

If it persists, I would seriously consider seeing a medical professional; if you have an existing relationship with a physical therapist, that could be a great starting point, simply because they will have the training in biomechanics that might help pinpoint the root cause of your neck pain. Regardless of which professional you choose to see first, I would encourage you to see someone, simply because new pain means that something has changed; your body is trying to tell you something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter