need 2 ecv's this trip...room in roms???

phorsenuf

Not so New Rule author
I have used a ecv the last 2 times I've been to Disney. Because of my DH's condition I told him next time we go he is getting one too. I will rent them offsite but my concern is this. We are a family of 5 and would probably stay at POR again. I really doubt 2 ecv's will fit in the room. I don't want to pay for 2 rooms. We stayed in 2 rooms at ASMO when we went with my mil (who had one too) and that was fine, but I don't want to pay for 2 rooms since technically we can fit in 1. What do you think? What would be some options?? Thanks

If you can get Caribbean for the same rate, the rooms there are 26 sq ft larger (340 vs 314) than any of the other moderates. There is enough room behind the door and near the heater/ac unit to park 2 ECVs.

But the original poster is part of a family of 5, and five can't stay in one room at CBR unless one child is in a crib...

Can you call POR and see if there is a utility room that you could keep your ECV's in overnight?

I would ask at Guest Services if they have a place you can stash them. At the Swan, they have a room marked "Staff Only" in back of where the concierge is that leads to the staff lockers, etc., and guests are given the opportunity to store their ECVs there if they want. I don't know if POR has this kind of space available, but it certainly does not hurt to ask!

If that doesn't work, I don't see why you could not ask to store one or both at the bell station in the evenings. They must have room there, as that is where the off-site delivery companies deliver them to.

Have a fun trip! Maybe you could call your resort now and speak with someone in guest services, I imagine they would try their best to help you and it would put your mind at ease.

:wave: Cupcake

do you need an accessible room or a regular room?

this wouldn't apply if you don't need it, but fyi, at POR, the accessible rooms do not sleep 5, since the beds are lower and do not accomodate the trundle. when we stayed in 6/2003, they comped us an adjoining room so we wouldn't be penalized by having to pay for two rooms just to have then needed accessibility.

wiith a little arranging, i bet you could get both ecv's into the room, but it will be tight. one could park near the sinks and one near the window. questions to think about are how old/big are the kids, and how much time do you spend in the room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter