Need a Recommendation on Portable Propane Grill For Camper

I intend to examine Ed's at GSP. My current grill has some life left, but I do not like flame ups which is why I use the Holland at home, but it is old, still working, but I'm afraid the road trips are going to shorten its life. My outdoor kitchen has large amount of counter space but I keep my grill in the front storage compartment as it is vented, thus keeping the smell out of the camper. My outdoor kitchen has the small grill, similar I believe to Jim's. I really would of preferred the two burner cooktop, and I actually could swap it out, but the cooktop is $80 and then I'd have a small grill with nothing to do with so I am actually looking into a griddle plate possibly to set on top of it and use. I have this fireman's fear of an attached grill and a flame up burning down my rig.

We will have our 17 there also.

So, I ordered the griddle for Frank for our 8-8 anniversary. Last week I thought it might make his life easier to have it while he is having to do all the cooking. OMG, you'd have thought he won the lottery. He got it all seasoned up and he loves it. Faster and less clean up in the kitchen.

Odd griddle question...it wouldn’t get very hot cooking breakfast this morning using propane tanks (tried 2 different ones). It looks like the regulator was tripping, as there was minimal flame even on high. My previous experience was that high was waaaayyyy to hot to cook with. Once we got everything done, I grabbed a Coleman bottle and screwed directly into the regulator and it is working normal again.

Any thoughts on what could be going on between the propane tank and hose that could be tripping the regulator?

I would shut off the propane tank , purge the stove and try it again turning the tank on slowly. Sometimes if you turn the tank on too fast it locks up the regulator. Happens to my BBQ grill sometimes also.

We have a Coleman Road Trip and I don't like it. It's very, very heavy and takes up too much space. It has just become a dedicated home grill on our deck.

We are dedicated Blackstone griddlers.

Looking forward to a couple big breakfasts w bacon, eggs, pancakes as well as a sausage egg bacon scramble that will go into breakfast burritos for the 6am mornings at HS for SWGE.

Plus, chicken parmigiana w green beans and garlic toast with extra breaded chicken going into ranch chicken wraps to go into the parks for lunches in bento boxes with cut veggies and hummus.

Have the fixings to do cheesesteaks and burgers steam broccoli and squash. Back up of bbq chicken and cheese flatbread and pizza under the dome on the griddle.

Some will depend on the forecast next week. I’m bringing the instapot in case it’s just too hot to cook outside - most veggies can steam in the instapot, plus we have an electric griddle and the instapot can become a crock pot for crock pot chicken if it’s just too ungodly humid outside for cooking.

Think I’m going to bring our ice cream maker and make chocolate ice cream with chocolate pieces, caramel and marshmallow fluff to cool off. Haven’t made that at the campground since July. Will be a nice treat.

I would shut off the propane tank , purge the stove and try it again turning the tank on slowly. Sometimes if you turn the tank on too fast it locks up the regulator. Happens to my BBQ grill sometimes also.

Thanks. I’d tried that once to switch propane bottles and still had issues. I just barely turned on the propane bottle and it worked.

We have a Coleman Road Trip and I don't like it. It's very, very heavy and takes up too much space. It has just become a dedicated home grill on our deck.
Ditto on that. Large, heavy, cooks okay, but tiresome to clean adequately to transport home without a mess in the 5er bay. Like yours, it's now a dedicated back deck grill at home. Blackstone 17 seems like a suitable replacement.

For Fathers Day the Savages got me the Cuisinart version of the Blackstone Griddle and I love it. We have done the basic Burgers and Dogs Steaks, Shrimp and Scallops , Scrapple Bacon and Eggs Pancakes, Chicken Breasts and some stir fried veggies. The more I use it the more we love it.

Ditto on that. Large, heavy, cooks okay, but tiresome to clean adequately to transport home without a mess in the 5er bay. Like yours, it's now a dedicated back deck grill at home. Blackstone 17 seems like a suitable replacement.

Stork,

I use mine for more than just cooking meat. Breakfasts, vegetables, and the occasional set of grilled cheese sandwiches add up. Like FtW Mike said in the previous post, it's very versatile for more than just meat.

I did get the double burner Blackstone and it is big for me to carry in my Suburban. When I carry it then it becomes my primary cook top and the longer the stay, the more I can justify the trouble. I could have gone with the single burner for better portability but hope to be cooking for bigger family groups sometimes. I wanted the versatility (meat, veg, other) in a bigger rather than smaller set up that was somewhat portable.

Bama Ed

PS - I got your PM on this subject today but you may want to check your PM settings because the message says it is "closed for new replies" so I am locked out from answering. But my answer is above.

I love our 17 inch Blackstone. Fits nice on the fold out table we use.

Stork,

I use mine for more than just cooking meat. Breakfasts, vegetables, and the occasional set of grilled cheese sandwiches add up. Like FtW Mike said in the previous post, it's very versatile for more than just meat.

I did get the double burner Blackstone and it is big for me to carry in my Suburban. When I carry it then it becomes my primary cook top and the longer the stay, the more I can justify the trouble. I could have gone with the single burner for better portability but hope to be cooking for bigger family groups sometimes. I wanted the versatility (meat, veg, other) in a bigger rather than smaller set up that was somewhat portable.

Bama Ed

PS - I got your PM on this subject today but you may want to check your PM settings because the message says it is "closed for new replies" so I am locked out from answering. But my answer is above.
Thanks for the response Ed. Settings checked..my error.
Thanks for the explanation of cooking with your Blackstone. I’ll dig deeper into it. That Coleman was just too large and heavy. Looks good on the back deck at the house, though.

I have the Thermos Grill2Go, which is much easier to clean then the colemans and I liked it was an open flame grill. The new griddle craze reminds me of the old coleman stainless griddles using their liquid fuel source. My old boy scout troop had one of those.

If and when this Thermos is done, I could consider a blackstone though I would likely end up with something that can open flame as needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!