Need a table for 7, but not available. Book for 6, or two tables of 4 and 3? (Cape Mays)

Touring Plan’s reservation finder came through! Got our reservation for the exact date and time we wanted. It’s for a table of 8. Thanks again for that suggestion. I’ll keep using that trick.

Dan
even number ressies are always easier to find at least that is what I have found

even number ressies are always easier to find at least that is what I have found

After all our WDW trips and all the hours of researching you would think I would know that by now, but I guess not :-) I think it is because I normally book all of our reservations right at 180 days out and get everything I want. This one snuck up a later . Super happy to snag it!!!! And I have to say, that touring plans reservation finder is awesome.

Dan

So glad you got your reservation! I did not know about the even number “trick”!

I was just faced with a similar scenario after my son invited his girlfriend to join us last minute. Naturally I could not add her to any of our hard-to-get reservations and went to Guest Services to request help. The CM advised me to simply notify the restaurant of the extra person when checking in, which I did, and was always accommodated. (We went from party of 4 party of 5.). Now I can understand how people can abuse this situation, but it just happened in our case and Disney gladly helped us out.

So glad you got your reservation! I did not know about the even number “trick”!

I was just faced with a similar scenario after my son invited his girlfriend to join us last minute. Naturally I could not add her to any of our hard-to-get reservations and went to Guest Services to request help. The CM advised me to simply notify the restaurant of the extra person when checking in, which I did, and was always accommodated. (We went from party of 4 party of 5.). Now I can understand how people can abuse this situation, but it just happened in our case and Disney gladly helped us out.

Interesting, because there are always so many “don’t risk it” posts. It seems like no one ever posts that they were actually turned away, even tho we hear they might be. Can I ask which restaurants you ate at? Maybe there should be a thread to post if extras were actually turned away, just so we get some factual information, instead of all the empty “ you might be” posts.

Interesting, because there are always so many “don’t risk it” posts. It seems like no one ever posts that they were actually turned away, even tho we hear they might be. Can I ask which restaurants you ate at? Maybe there should be a thread to post if extras were actually turned away, just so we get some factual information, instead of all the empty “ you might be” posts.
Sure. We needed an extra seat at Be Our Guest and Mama Melrose. (Those were the only TS meals she joined us for.) Naturally I was far more concerned about BOG, but no problem at all. Mama Melrose was for lunch, and there are usually empty tables, so I did not anticipate an issue. I made my reservations at the 180 day mark and could not modify them at the last minute, so I had no choice but to politely ask. I understood there was no guarantee they could help, but they did and I was grateful!

"Don't risk it" just means that there is always the chance it will not work out. More than once I've had a group allowed in with an additional person, but the group had to agree to be split up at different tables to get in. Had we declined the separate tables, we would not have been permitted to add a person.

it's not "empty." It does happen. Maybe not often, but it does happen. So do you want to take the risk, or don't you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter