• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

need addon info--playing phone tag with guide!

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
I'm trying to set up this 1oo point VWL addon before the dreaded price increase. However, my guide and I have been playing phone tag since MOnday night. He called at work today but got my voice mail since I had cafeteria duty, then I got carried away with end-of-year stuff. I just called again and got his voice mail, also called his pager but haven't heard anything.
In the meantime, DH wants to know what the $$ will be. I know the cost will be $7200, we want to put $2500 down. Some questions:

1)Can this loan amt. be added into our existing loan on our BWV points? Can the dues also be added? Both come out of my credit union and I really don't miss it.
2)What is the Disney interest rate currently?
3) I only have my guide's phone#--is there a general DVC info # I can use to get the info I need?
4) do papers have to be signed by June 3, or do we just have to get everything set up? The odds of getting stuff signed by Saturday night are slim--we may as well wait until our trip in 3 weeks if that is the case.
Thanks for all info,
Robin M.

update--guide just called, I have all my answers. I won't bore you with all the details! If you need the interest rates or other answers for an Add-on, EMail me and I"ll get you the info right away.
One important note--he said that if you want to add on, it would be wise to call by Friday because he thinks Saturday will be nuts with the price hike going into effect.
Robin M.
Poly 6/2000
BWV 6/20/2001 (3 WEEKS!)
VWL/BWV 6/2002????

What is the current interest rate for DVC right now? If you add on now what is your usage month and finally, did he say you have to sign before Fri, or just commit? thanks. By the way where is perrysville?

HI Beth. Perrysburg is just outside of Toledo.
The interest rate varies by term. The one year loan is 9 1/4 %, the 3 year loan is 12%, the 5 year is 12.5%. It goes up for the 7 and 10 but I stopped paying attention (sticker shock). I think it's 13 and 13.5.
He asked me what my current use year was so I think they just add it to that--mine is Feb.
He wants me to call and say we are doing the add on (or not), and will be using cash or credit card for our DP so he can get the paperwork going. Of course DH got home late from work last night and tonight is the recital, so we will have to discuss it Friday and call Saturday anyway.
Robin M.

Interesting seeing the loan rates......makes me feel better about using my credit card for my add on since my rate is better!

We used our credit card to add on last night only 28 points but It is a pain trying to convert currency and bankers cheques so thats the flexibilty it holds. I am sure Ihave heard that phrase somewhere else.

Stevie KAY
Inverness
Scotland

CBR 98
ASMO 01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter