Need admission ticket to attend DAH?

Katie Dawn

DIS Veteran
Hello Fellow DISers!

We are going to the beach in October, and I'd love to visit Disney once during the trip. Do you have to have a regular admission ticket in addition to the DAH ticket to attend DAH?

Thanks!

I went to Orlando recently just for a DAH at Hollywood Studios. I had no other tickets. It was great. You can get in earlier than the actual event start though, and make fast passes for whatever time you have in the park before the regular hours end. I think it is usually something like 2 hours.

I went to Orlando recently just for a DAH at Hollywood Studios. I had no other tickets. It was great. You can get in earlier than the actual event start though, and make fast passes for whatever time you have in the park before the regular hours end. I think it is usually something like 2 hours.

Did you have regular park admission ticket? You're saying I could make FPs while the park is open even if we only have DAH tickets but no regular park admission tickets?

FYI, DAH tickets allow for official park entry at 7pm, regardless of the actual DAH event time later that evening.

Oooooo.... That is Fantastic info Disney Dad!

But wait... I was just checking out your ( @GADisneyDad14 ) threads with info each park's DAH and just realized I don't see any historical dates that were offered in October. Initially I thought they only excluded MK due to all the parties but I'm not seeing any previous dates for HS or AK either. Am I just not seeing it?

I did see the thing about evening EMHs being discontinued at MK so there's still some hope they could offer MK DAH this year. I'll keep checking

We have two 8 year olds (Our daughter, who has been with us since birth and has been to Disney a couple of times, and our son who is new to us from foster care and has never been.) I'm a little concerned they wouldn't be able to stay up very long, especially our fella because when he gets sleepy he crashes pretty quick. If we were doing a Disney vacation instead of a Beach vacation I wouldn't even consider doing DAH because I need to make sure they're staying rested for the long haul (we are rope droppers.) But since the rest of the week will be relaxed, one super late night nestled within a week of lazy days seems do-able... If I can keep them awake that is!

OP, if you're worried about the kids staying awake, I'd just do a 1 day ticket and spend the day at MK. I believe it's about the same price.

But wait... I was just checking out your ( @GADisneyDad14 ) threads with info each park's DAH and just realized I don't see any historical dates that were offered in October. Initially I thought they only excluded MK due to all the parties but I'm not seeing any previous dates for HS or AK either. Am I just not seeing it?

DAK and DHS Disney After Hours didn’t start until December last year, so no prior history to go by. My guess is you’ll see it at DAK but not DHS.

DAH has historically not been offered at MK in October, but who knows with the trend this year.

Did you have regular park admission ticket? You're saying I could make FPs while the park is open even if we only have DAH tickets but no regular park admission tickets?

We did not have a regular park admission ticket, just the DAH ticket and I could make FP reservations. The time period is pretty short, so you may not be able to make more than 2 because you can't have overlapping windows, it just depends on how you can work it.

OP, if you're worried about the kids staying awake, I'd just do a 1 day ticket and spend the day at MK. I believe it's about the same price.

But the crowds! :) MK is so busy all of the time that you'll get to do so much more at DAH than a regular day ticket.

Exactly. Especially since we're not staying on site so Fastpasses wouldn't help that much.
You can make FPs 30 days out with tickets linked on MDE. The headliners might not be available but MK has a nice variety. Also, I've had luck modifying FPs same day for 5. Depends on the day but MK is the best park for ensuring attractions with FP. If some of your party are okay with riding at staggered times, looking for 1-2 people can get everyone on a ride within an hour.
DAH is pretty sweet, if you don't have malfunctions. I think the last report noted Splash down for most of it and a couple of others with hiccups during the night.

The nice thing with MK is because of they have so many rides, outside of mine train and probably peter pan, you can get FP's to most of the rides 30 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter