need advice about check in/grocery shopping/waitlist

LilMamiBella

DIS Veteran
My reservation is at SSR for December 9-15. I need to add December 8 at SSR but so far that day is booked. So I reserved a room at asmo and have been put on the wait list for ssr. My problem is I wanted to buy some groceries. We need to check in after 4 at ssr but we'll be at epcot eating at LeCellier and watching the candlelight processional. I was going to have we go shop deliver but I don't want to miss the dinner and show. Do you think I have any chance of getting Dec 8 at SSR? The dvc customer rep said that SSR has a place for me to store my groceries before I check in my room. Does anyone know about this? On the 8th, we'll be arriving very late at night. Then the 9th we're spending all day at Epcot. I don't think anyone of us will want to leave Epcot just to check in and get groceries. Is it possible for me to check in at SSR early like at 9 am or maybe lunch time? Or is there any grocery store that's open 24 hours?

you can check in as early as 7 am.

www.wegoshop.com can I think deliver without you being there - if you are trusting. some people leave them a blank check....

i am not. I always have them deliver at around 5:00pm - I know I will have a room by then.

I won't have them deliver without you being in your room. part of their delivery is door to door - so you don't have to move the stuff. They will come to your villa.

all the DVC resorts can check in at 7 am - so can the WDW resorts.

someone else say it was 6:30am - but I got told once at BWV that I couldn't check in until 7.....

wegoshop will deliver to SSR, charge the groceries to your room, and SSR will store them (refrigerated if required) until you arrive. I called SSR to give them my credit card ont he phone before arrival. If you check in early, you can give them your card then and the groceries will be waiting once you are ready for them (the SSR bell staff will deliver to your room).

Greysword said:
wegoshop will deliver to SSR, charge the groceries to your room, and SSR will store them (refrigerated if required) until you arrive. I called SSR to give them my credit card ont he phone before arrival. If you check in early, you can give them your card then and the groceries will be waiting once you are ready for them (the SSR bell staff will deliver to your room).

Oh that sounds great! I was looking at my confirmation letter and it said check in was 4pm. I'm glad to hear I can check in earlier.

I think when they say check in at four pm, they are telling you that you are not guaranteed a room until 4 pm, but that doesn't mean you couldn't have completed the paperwork to check in before hand. We checked in at ten am and had a room at two pm.

Good luck! And enjoy!

when you check in early and your room is not ready.

you should receive a card with their (front desk) phone number on it.

just call this card when you want to learn about your room.

there is no need to go back to the front desk.

one of the best services that Disney Does!!! :banana: :bounce: :cool1:

I think check in is guaranteed to BEGIN at 4 ...many have posted here that it is 5 or later before they get into their rooms. We have sometimes been able to get into our rooms at BW and OKW as early as 10 a.m. but other times it HAS been after 4 before the room has been ready. So, I say, ASSUME you can't get in til after 4 and prepare accordingly. But maybe you will be pleasantly suprised!

just call this card when you want to learn about your room. there is no need to go back to the front desk.
one of the best services that Disney Does!!!
I generally agree with this, except this past August we checked in at 4 pm and our villa at OKW was not ready. They gave me the card....we went to have an early dinner at Olivia's.....after dinner tried and tried to get through to that number. I must have called the number for about 45 min on and off and noone ever answered. I was very frustrated as it was now about 5 pm and we still hadn't gotten into our room. I ended up having to call the wdw main number and have them transfer me to the OKW front desk who let me know what my villa number was. Just thought I'd share this experience.
Generally though, I've had good luck with calling for villa assignment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter