Need advice: Disneyland 1 day with hopper and max pass

Bsgio3

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I am going to Disneyland Friday 1/24 and leaving Sunday 1/26. I am getting in late on the 24th and staying at Disneyland Resort and was thinking about going to Downtown Disney for dinner. Is there a restaurant (quick service)you would recommend? Saturday, I am waking up early with a 1-day pass with Hopper and Maxpass; what park should I go to first, and what Fastpass should I get first and breakfast quick service places? I’m going to ride rise of the resistance. I like to ride thrilling and Dark rides. The last time I went to Disneyland Cars land open, so it has been awhile. I would also like and ADR reservation or Quick service at night. I know the Lunar new year festival is going on, so I would probably snack during the day with a few booths. Sunday morning is checkout, so I will probably get breakfast on the road since I am going to San Diego to visit a friend for two days unless there is a place I need to go to in Downtown Disney or Disneyland Resort.

BTW
Friday/Sunday it's just me and my girlfriend 26 and 24 years old.
Saturday my best friend is meeting up with us that lives 30 minutes away and will be in the parks all day and night. We will probably walk back to our room for an hour or 2 during the day.

Please give me some recommendations. I am a Disneyworld pass holder living in Georgia that goes monthly. First time in Disneyland since 2015 I think...

Thanks. I will probably get there an hour before park opening for rise since I already road it in WDW. I’ve never to been to earl of sandwich so I’ll try that out.

I also like Napolini for QS in Downtown Disney. It usually moves pretty quickly and the price is pretty fair.

My go-to breakfast in DL is the highly sugary beignets at the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square. Or a churro! Churros are much more of A Thing at DL.

(Presuming you are going into Disneyland Park first to have any chance at RotR) my first MaxPasses are usually either Space Mountain or Star Tours, and rope-dropping the other. Both now have Single Rider Lines for later-day visits. I'd also prioritize a Indiana Jones MP as it breaks down more often.

Keep an eye on the Radiator Springs Racers FastPasses -- they go quickly and are often gone by early afternoon. Right now as I type, it's 9:30 am at Disneyland and the FP return time is already 2:50 pm. Or Single Rider for this too.

I'm not sure I'd take the time for a sit-down meal with only one park day unless there was somewhere you were dying to eat. At one week out many places could still have availability. Or maybe do your TS meal in Downtown Disney or a DL hotel Friday night?

PHXscuba

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking maybe just do a quick service and go see fantasmic Saturday night. I got a Steakhouse 55 for Sunday morning breakfast.

I haven’t gone for just one day so your touring plan May be different from mine. But the minute I’m in the gate I make my first FP while heading to ride standby at Guardians Of Galaxy or Radiator Springs. By the time I’m off my first FP is ready and when I get off first ride I’m already making my second FP.

Since you already rode Rise of the Resistance in WDW, if it were me, I don’t know if I’d bother putting in the time it takes to ride it again in DL. I would concentrate on the rides you don’t get in WDW, and the ones that are same ride but different version at Disneyland/DCA like Small World, HM, POTC, Space, Guardians ( ToT in DHS), Jungle Cruise, etc. Since it’s only one day, your time is precious.

Last edited:

I.

Keep an eye on the Radiator Springs Racers FastPasses -- they go quickly and are often gone by early afternoon. Right now as I type, it's 9:30 am at Disneyland and the FP return time is already 2:50 pm. Or Single Rider for this too.

?

PHXscuba

.....RSR....the orginal Geroge Lucas ROR

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking maybe just do a quick service and go see fantasmic Saturday night. I got a Steakhouse 55 for Sunday morning breakfast.
Will you be doing a dining package for F! viewing? The dining packages have the best viewing with the least wait time. BB has the best viewing (most centered), but HB and RBT are very good, too -- all 3 areas are right up at the waterfront. All seating is on the ground so no one stands in front of you, no shoulder kids, no one walking in front of you. Standby viewing is iffy -- if you are tall and can wait for your spot, the viewing can be pretty good; but it won't be as good as the dining package viewing.

Will you be doing a dining package for F! viewing? The dining packages have the best viewing with the least wait time. BB has the best viewing (most centered), but HB and RBT are very good, too -- all 3 areas are right up at the waterfront. All seating is on the ground so no one stands in front of you, no shoulder kids, no one walking in front of you. Standby viewing is iffy -- if you are tall and can wait for your spot, the viewing can be pretty good; but it won't be as good as the dining package viewing.

I made a Hungry Bear F! package reservation but I am a little concerned about the food there since it is quick service. I am from the south and love good BBQ.

I made a Hungry Bear F! package reservation but I am a little concerned about the food there since it is quick service. I am from the south and love good BBQ.
HB is definitely CS, not a BBQ restaurant. The good thing about the HB F! package is that you are allowed to order from the prix fixe menu or the regular menu. You'll still pay the dining package price, but you'll have more choices. The view is good -- just try to be as center (when looking at the cabin on the island) as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter