Need advice from Computer expert....

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
I added a program to my computer that cleans spyware from my system. But the same 4 or 5 files need cleaning and they all contained the word cookies.

So,I opened the cookie file and was asounded at the sheer amount of stuff thats in there!!!!

Is it a good idea to delete all the stuff in there and start over? or will this hurt my computer?? or is it like erasing the programs that came all ready installed??How do you get rid of all the trash?? How do I know whats trash??

As you can tell I'm a newbie at this sort of thing,and thats why I have come to the experts!! I need expert advice,please???

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#006400>Tink,

I always toss my cookies, and don't have any problems. Of course, I have to log in on my regular sites again, but that's no problem.

Of course, someone here who knows more than me might have another opinion, so wait for one of the other tech-savvy folks to say something.

My PC deletes all my cookies at least 3 times a day.

I just hope you remember all of your user names and passwords. ;)

You should not feed cookies to your computer dear. The crumbs will block it`s engine!

Love always
Veronica

No expert here but, I've been told to "toss my cookies" (LOL) every now and then by some more computer savvy people than myself! When I first learned about it, I said, "I can't wait to go home and toss my cookies!" I've done THAT twice since then (the computer version). It doesn't hurt but, I don't know how it helps!??:confused:

JC, I would like to toss my cookies but would hate to lose all the password and like stuff. Is there a way to selectively toss unused ones, or seldom used? I just looked and have 2,205 cookies. Yikes!!!!!!

Each cookie should be identified by the site that it originated from. Sort them alphabetically and selectively delete the sites you either don't want or don’t recognize. It shouldn't take that long.

You can also check them by date and junk really old ones.

JC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter