Need advice on an Oct waitlist

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
So we decided last minute to take a trip to the house of the mouse Oct 18-22. We currently have a cash ressie just in case! I have waitlisted for AKL and BWV, I chose these thinking they have the most studios. Any thoughts on a better choice that would increase my odds of success?

PVB has 288 Standard View Studios.
SSR has 264 Standard (Location) Studios.
SSR has 168 Preferred (Location) Studios.
BWV has 164 Pool/Garden View Studios.
AKV Kidani Village has 109 Savanna View Studios.

Last edited:
So we decided last minute to take a trip to the house of the mouse Oct 18-22. We currently have a cash ressie just in case! I have waitlisted for AKL and BWV, I chose these thinking they have the most studios. Any thoughts on a better choice that would increase my odds of success?
BWV has high demand during F&W and there are likely quite a few members ahead of you on that waitlist. You stand a better chance of getting an SSR preferred location than snagging a BWV studio. You may want to change your waitlist if you really want to stay in a DVC studio.

Is PVB the Poly?
Yes. But anyone who has been luck enough to book there for October is not likely to change in favor of another resort (although a cancellation is still a possibility) and even if they do, there will be a number of people ahead of you on the wait list.

SSR was the last resort to book up this fall. It will likely be the first one made available as people work their way up the wait lists.

I’m pretty sure SSR has more studios. I’d put BWV as practically zero chance for an October waitlist at this point.

Normally I would agree with you or maybe I just got very lucky.

I also decided to do a mid October trip a few months ago and I didn’t know what resort to waitlist. I picked VGF for my waitlist.

A few weeks after deciding to go I saw 3 openings for studios for 3 days each. BLT, BWV and AKV (club level). Somehow they were consecutive and matched my dates perfectly.

I booked all of them and cancelled my VGF waitlist.

Luck do happen and you just need to stalk the member site.

Normally I would agree with you or maybe I just got very lucky.

I also decided to do a mid October trip a few months ago and I didn’t know what resort to waitlist. I picked VGF for my waitlist.

A few weeks after deciding to go I saw 3 openings for studios for 3 days each. BLT, BWV and AKV (club level). Somehow they were consecutive and matched my dates perfectly.

I booked all of them and cancelled my VGF waitlist.

Luck do happen and you just need to stalk the member site.
But that was thru stalking the RAT. You probably sniped those nights ahead of the wait list software. If the OP wants to stalk the RAT in addition to setting up waitlists, I still say the better chances are at SSR for the waitlist. There are no guarantees that putting BWV on a waitlist now will come thru, especially when experienced owners like yourself are stalking the RAT for those same villas.

PVB has 288 Standard View Studios.
SSR has 264 Standard (Location) Studios.
SSR has 168 Preferred (Location) Studios.
BWV has 164 Pool/Garden View Studios.
AKV Kidani Village has 109 Savanna View Studios.

Where does OKW studios fall in this list.

Okw 210 studios?

I recently waitlisted for a studio for ONE night and chose SSR standard and OKW. It’s been 3 weeks and still nothing. It’s for 9/9/18.....a Sunday night.

Last edited:
Where does OKW studios fall in this list.

Okw 210 studios?

I recently waitlisted for a studio for ONE night and chose SSR standard and OKW. It’s been 3 weeks and still nothing. It’s for 9/9/18.....a Sunday night.
230 total. Not sure what the breakout is between the two booking categories.

We have BCV for 7 nights - our home resort/booked 11 months out. About 6 weeks ago (can't remember exactly when), we decided to add a night start of our trip since I am off. Have been on the waitlist 10/22 BCV and/or OKW - nothing yet!

I would say that SSR or OKW, along with AKV have the best chance. The only thing with AKV is you have to pick Kidani or Jambo. If you are not particular on where you stay, those would be my two. Then I would stalk the website and look for the nights you want. If one becomes available, book that, and adjust the wait list. I have done very well getting a trip this way. Remember, waitlists only fill if all nights come in, so the more nights you have, the less chance you have.

Good luck!

AKV, both Jambo and Kidani, have ZERO nights available in a studio for ALL categories for the entire month of October (and November too!). In fact, even at SSR, the ONLY available night is October 30. That appears to be the only night in the entire month of October that has an opening in a studio. I would say that the odds of a wait list filling for October at this point (meaning you are setting it up now) are about the same as winning the Powerball.

I've been on the wait list for a studio at OKW (near HH) for 3 nights in October that was set up at 8am on the day the 7-month window opened. I don't think that it's going to come through. Fortunately, I was able to book a non-HH studio so I do have a reservation and nothing to lose by keeping the wait list active until 7 days out to maximize my chances.

I think the best chance for oCtober is SSR. It filled last so wait list started last.

I was able to piece together a stay over Columbus Day weekend at OKW by stalking the RAT over a 4-5 week period around this time last year. I was able to pick one day at a time off and it took patience and a ton of stalking, but it worked.

If you have the points to spend, best bet would be to look @ 1 BRs. Have you considered a split trip and looked for individual days?

Weekends in October are especially popular. At 11 months, have been shut out of BWV standard studios more than a few times as well as AKV value. Their Kidani’s offerings seem to be open the longest.

Ever since SSR went to preferred categories, find them to be open a bit longer.

You are wise to have something booked on cash. I’m still smarting at having to pay over $200 a night @ Pop (APH rate) last year when I extended a trip a few months out mid Oct.

...still on the waitlist for October 19-22 for a HH studio at OKW...:bored:
...I'm thinking that I have two windows that will open soon. July 31 is the banking deadline for those with a December UY (I think) so anyone who needs to cancel in order to bank their points will need to do so within the next 6 days. I doubt that will open up anything, but you never know. The second window of opportunity will come at the 31-day mark. When points can go into holding, the final decisions have to be made. After that, the only chance I have is if someone else has some sort of misfortune and must cancel within the 30-day window. I don't like to wish anything bad on someone else for my benefit...that just feels sleazy:crazy2:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!