Need advice on FoP FP

ddluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
I haven’t been able to score a FP for FoP for the past 4 trips we’ve been there.
I am only able to schedule 30 days out bc we are APs that stay offsite.
I am completely frustrated and so upset with Disney! APs are not cheap and I feel this should just not be happening.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice how my family can get a FP?
I’m about ready to email Disney.

I know it can be like beating your head against a brick wall. I can't think of anything other than to just keep checking (frequently). If all else fails, maybe try to be at the park at drop. We went a rope drop last year and we are able to get on the ride within 25 minutes after getting in line at the ride. Good luck to you.

Just keep refreshing. I always stay off site so I can only book 30 days out. I managed to get FOP FPs for my Sept 2017 trip and upcoming April 2018. I just had to spend time every day checking the app and refreshing over and over and over again.

I am a local AP so I can only schedule 30 days out as well. I was able to grab one in April as they were available a couple days ago for the week of 4/15

What would you want them to do over email?

Yeah I didn’t understand this either, their not going to give you one.

I got one the day of by refreshing constatntly, and doing them one at a time. Single riders must be more frequently dropped.

Then you don’t get the benefits associated with staying onsite. Just like a person with a 10-day park hopper doesn’t get the benefits of an annual pass. It’s pretty straightforward.

Keep an eye out for changes in park hours. A day or so later, they’ll add extra FPs to cover the extra park hours. Since Disney often changes hours within 30 days, this can be a good way to snag FPs within that time period.

Then you don’t get the benefits associated with staying onsite. Just like a person with a 10-day park hopper doesn’t get the benefits of an annual pass. It’s pretty straightforward.
You don’t need to stay onsite to get FP

It’s difficult to get FP for FoP even when staying onsite it is that popular. You might have to wait in line with the rest of us :wave: or just keep checking and refreshing the app until you can get one. I’m not sure emailing them will be beneficial. AP holder or otherwise I doubt emailing would result in FP otherwise we’d have been clued in here on the boards to that trick by now;)

Refresh, refresh, refresh. You'll get it if you check frequently.

I've had success getting an FP for a party of 2 or less many times and I almost exclusively grab them less than 14 days in advance. I'm 1 for 1 for parties of both three and four. You just can't be picky about the time.

For me its been easier to find FOP FP same day or night before vs. 30 days out. People change their plans, but won't let go of FOP FP until the last minute (until they are for sure going to a different park that day).

OP, I feel your pain. We are AP snowbirds and have yet to get a FoP fast pass this winter. Mostly I try for 'day of' as we don't usually plan 30 days out. I will have to get better at managing my calendar.

It didn't help when a friend of mine who visited on site in December got two, one at 60 days and one 'day of'.

I just don't have the patience to sit online and keep refreshing.

I did a 90 minute early to rope drop visit in August to ride FoP and Navi River. Some will suggest a end of the day visit. We were at AK on Wednesday and the FoP standby time at 12:45pm was 'only' 125 minutes. I prefer waiting before rope drop.

I hear you. It's extremely frustrating that some FPs are so hard to get at 60 days. I can't imagine how it looks a 30 days. Just keep trying to refresh and check several times a day. People are getting them but it's not easy.

Just keep trying - my dd changed her schedule last minute to accommodate a friend that will be joining them last minute. This past Thursday 3/22 she got 4 fop FP+ for early evening on 3/31 (Easter weekend).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter