Need advice on plan of attack for attractions at both parks in May 2012!!

Mel*Pie

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!

I need help determining what order to do the rides and get fast passes at both parks.

I am so excited to be going to Tokyo for 3 months! I leave March 23. Due to certain ride closures at both Disney parks and in order to avoid big crowds during Golden Week, I think I have determined that we will be going to DisneySea on Saturday, May 26 and Disneyland on Sunday May 27.

What should my plan of attack be at both parks to avoid the longest waits?

If it helps, our party will be my boyfriend and myself (ages 29 and 30) and probably a few other coworkers of his in Tokyo, both local and from the U.S, ages 20s to 30s.

Any input or other extra tips on anything at all in either park is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Well first of all since you are going on a Saturday and sunday you will run into big crowds. This will be unavoidable.

My advice...take it for what you will

TokyoDisneySEA.... as you enter the park first thing at opening you will see people dashing to the left as they go under the Miracosta. Most are headed to ride or get a Fastpass for Tower of Terror. This is one option, but i usually choose a different route and have always been able to get a fastpass for it a little later. Instead I go to the right and head straight for Journey to the Center of the Earth. I get my fastpass for that then go directly to 20,000 leagues under the sea which is nearby. I get in line to ride that and then if you are lucky your JTTCOTE fastpass will be ready right after you get off. If it isn't I do the park counter clockwise. I keep an eye on when I can get my second FP and when I can one person in my group will run over to TOT to get the second FP of the day.
TIP:Indiana Jones has a single rider line...while not ideal to splt up your group this is usually a MUCH faster way to ride and then move onto something else.

TIP: Go to guest services and ask for the attraction backstory pages in English...it is free and makes a great souvenior.
Make sure to watch Fantasmic.

Tokyo Disney land==Everyone will go to Big Thunder Mountain or Poohs Honey Hunt for the first FP of the day....I recommend go to Pooh's honey hunt ..get a fp for it then get directly in line....it is worth riding more than once. Other popular attractions will be Buzz and Monsters Inc. If you have specefic ?s feel free to ask.

Hey! I'll be at Tokyo Disney from May 23-26, and I actually plan on going to DisneySea on the 26th too!

If you check out the ride closures/refurbishment list on Tokyo Disney's website, Journey to the Center of the Earth is actually scheduled to reopen on the 26th. My plan of attack is run there (with the rest of the crowd, I'm sure), get fast passes, and then hop in the regular line. Then, when my FP is valid, I can ride twice!

I also echo the advice for going to Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Disneyland first as that is also my plan. :)

LostWendy

Thanks so much for the advice! My boyfriend's coworker in Tokyo, who has Disney annual passes, told us today that it would be better to go at the end of April rather than wait until the end of May. So, I was looking at the dates of Saturday, April 21 for Disney Sea and Sunday, April 22 for Disneyland. The only thing I was somewhat interested in that will be closed those days is Pirates but I live in FL and we have that here so I suppose it's not a big deal. I assume the day plan for those days would be the same as for May.

Can you suggest restaurants and where to eat for both of the parks? Or perhaps you know of other threads that address this?

Thanks again!

Hei there Mel*Pie. I do agree with the posts above on Journey to the Centre of the Earth, Tower of Terror and Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Pooh's Hunny Hunt is a must see attraction.

With regards to food in both parks, taking into account that you guys are a couple. This are my suggestions.

Disneysea: Ristorante Di Canaletto is my fav restaurant in Disneysea. It serves Italian fare. You'll be there late April, so the weather shouldn't be too cold. Ask for a seat outside by the canals. It is really romantic and the food is amazing.

Another option could be the S.S Columbia Dining room. I still prefer Ristorante Di Canaleto though. What I normally do is once i enter the park, head over there to get a Priority Seating reservation there for dinner then head over to get fast passes for the Tower of Terror. I prefer having my dinner there as it adds to the ambience. Remember to ask for a seat outdoors. I feel that you should get your priority seating checked first before heading over to get fast passes and continuing your day as it is gonna be crowded on the weekends. I've been in a queue of up to 45 mins to get a seat at Ristorante before.

Tokyo's Tower of Terror is a must see as it is totally different from all other Disney Tower of Terrors. Pay attention to the wooden idol, Shiriki Utundu, during pre-show. ; )

Disneyland: For Tokyo Disneyland, I'd vote for Eastside Cafe if you are looking for priority seating or the Blue Bayou. If you prefer to have a quick sit down bite and move on with your day, I would suggest Grandma Sara's. I love the Grandma's Special set or the beef tomato stew. Other favorites of mine are Cafe Orleans (Crepes) and the Hungry Bear Restaurant (Japanese Curry rice). Do try out the Tapioca Mango Drink at Squeezer's by the Jungle Cruise too.

Hope that this helps. My wife and I will be at the parks two days after you guys. Enjoy yourselves. You will love Tokyo Disney Resort.

It's a good idea to go on JTTCOE twice. One of those times should be at night. Also, one of those times you should ask for the front row. Makes a big difference. (there are three rows in each compartment.)

Aslo, you should do Pooh's Huny Hunt twice. Possibly the best them park ride in the world.

Some of the strategy for tackling the parks involves any prior Disney experiences for you. Have you ever been to any Disney park before?

Thanks so much for the advice! My boyfriend's coworker in Tokyo, who has Disney annual passes, told us today that it would be better to go at the end of April rather than wait until the end of May. So, I was looking at the dates of Saturday, April 21 for Disney Sea and Sunday, April 22 for Disneyland. The only thing I was somewhat interested in that will be closed those days is Pirates but I live in FL and we have that here so I suppose it's not a big deal. I assume the day plan for those days would be the same as for May.

Can you suggest restaurants and where to eat for both of the parks? Or perhaps you know of other threads that address this?

Thanks again!

The only bad part is their Pirates version is the LONG version like Anaheim's...not the short version we have in FL :(

Also, I'm guessing the Blue Bayou may be closed if Pirates is, but not sure about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter