Need advice on upcoming trip

Haley R

DIS Veteran
We originally had dah tickets with just a 2 day base ticket.
I am thinking about changing our 2 day tickets to 3 day park hoppers. I think dah will allow us to get a lot of things done in mk so we might not need another full day there. Below is what I’m thinking. Please give me any advice/tips. Thanks!

Wednesday (2/28)-Go to epcot at rd and ride frozen, tt 9:05-10:05, mission space 10:10, soarin, Nemo, spaceship earth 12:10, lunch at teppan edo 1:00, take boat to hs

Thursday (3/1)-Rest day/DAH, breakfast at 1900 PF, pool time, and DAH

Friday (3/2)-go to ak for rd, have FPs for fop 10:50, Kali 1:00, and Nemo 2:30. I would get rid of Nemo for something else earlier if we park hop so I can get something for the next park. Eat lunch at tusker house. Go to either Epcot or hs to finish anything we didn't finish

Saturday (3/3)-MK all day, we currently have FPs for 7DMT, Splash, and Space. Lunch at BOG and have a dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table

Sorry this was so long but if I dont put it all it won’t look right. Let me know!

Last edited:
Is your DAH during Flower & Garden? EPCOT on a Saturday during F&G can be VERY busy.

Could you add when you're going? The answers depends on crowd size, if an event is going on, and what time Disney opens and closes.

Is your DAH during Flower & Garden? EPCOT on a Saturday during F&G can be VERY busy.
Oh sorry I forgot to put dates. We will be there during F&G, but we would only do Epcot in the morning-afternoon. Is that still going to be busy?

The kiosks for F&G open at 11 which could be fun if you want to try a couple of different food items for lunch on Saturday. I don’t think the crowds will be as crazy earlier in the day as they will in the evening.

The weekends are when the locals come. More so for Food & Wine, but still for F&G as well. That is also opening weekend for the festival. When we go during a festival I usually plan to be out of the park on Saturday, (all parks, actually) but our travel is different from yours. We are an old couple with no littles and travel for 7-14 days at a time since we come from the West Coast.

No matter what you do you will have an awesome trip, watching your niece experience it for the first time!

So DH had to go and change things completely for me lol. He brought up another option for us and I put it on my first post. Now I'm leaning towards his idea more than mine!

HS has two nighttime events, Fantasmic! and Star Wars Fireworks. EPCOT has the Illuminations FW. Of those three my favorite is SW fireworks and my dh favorite is F!. I like Illuminations but trying to scope out a good viewing spot tires me out!

Eta: I don't remember the specifics of Plan A. (Old timers. Lol) What changed?

HS has two nighttime events, Fantasmic! and Star Wars Fireworks. EPCOT has the Illuminations FW. Of those three my favorite is SW fireworks and my dh favorite is F!. I like Illuminations but trying to scope out a good viewing spot tires me out!

Eta: I don't remember the specifics of Plan A. (Old timers. Lol) What changed?
Plan A stayed the same, but I just finished adding an Option 2 where we do Epcot/HS on Wednesday instead of Saturday. I already have FPs and ADRs for Saturday at MK anyway so this way we wouldn't have to change those.

Option 2 wasn't showing up for me the first time. I'm old but not THAT old! Lol!

So I like #2 better with the exception of ADR's. Are you going to be able to get what you want if you don't already have them? Both Cindy and BOG are 180 day out reservations.

Option 2 wasn't showing up for me the first time. I'm old but not THAT old! Lol!

So I like #2 better with the exception of ADR's. Are you going to be able to get what you want if you don't already have them? Both Cindy and BOG are 180 day out reservations.
We already have both the FPs and ADRs for that day.

Option 2 looks good. Minimizes time running around and gets you some time in Epcot when it might not be as busy. Plus you have all those good ADRs and fast passes for Saturday! You are going to have a great trip!

Not judging, just clarifying.....you currently have a 4:15 BOG on Thursday and a lunch ressie on Saturday?

I originally, waaaaay back at the beginning of the thread wanted to suggest making Th your resort day. The reason I didn't was because of the BOG. If you can do it another day, GREAT! With lunch instead of dinner you will be missing out on meeting the beast though.

Option 2 looks good. Minimizes time running around and gets you some time in Epcot when it might not be as busy. Plus you have all those good ADRs and fast passes for Saturday! You are going to have a great trip!
Yep I like DH's plan better. Now we need to decide if we want to do HS first or Epcot first. We both watched videos of Illuminations, Star Wars fireworks, and Fantasmic! and agreed that Fantasmic would go over better with our niece. Plus we both can't stop doing Mickey's dance from the beginning of the video we watched. The earliest we could get a FP for Frozen is 4:20 according to Touring Plans. We can either get our FPs at Epcot for later in the day (Frozen, TT, Soarin) or rd Epcot and do them in the morning. I'm not sure which option is better.

My second question is if the dining package for Fantasmic is worth it? We are on the dining plan so cost isn't an option as long as it only costs 1 table service credit. We've never eaten at Mama Del Rose's or Hollywood & Vine so I don't know if they are even good options at all.

Not judging, just clarifying.....you currently have a 4:15 BOG on Thursday and a lunch ressie on Saturday?

I originally, waaaaay back at the beginning of the thread wanted to suggest making Th your resort day. The reason I didn't was because of the BOG. If you can do it another day, GREAT! With lunch instead of dinner you will be missing out on meeting the beast though.
Yes we were lucky enough to get a 4:15 BOG on Thursday, but that was when we thought we could get in at 4 for DAH. They wouldn't start letting people in until 6:30 at the first event so I doubt we will be able to use that. I'm fine just doing the lunch. We've only done lunch there before and I just won't tell my niece that the Beast is at dinner and not lunch lol.

use FPs there for Frozen, TT, and Soarin, eat dinner somewhere in Epcot (don't know where yet)

All of those are Tier 1 rides at EP; you can only FP one of them and then you need to do two other FP that aren't Tier 1 before you can do another Tier 1.

All of those are Tier 1 rides at EP; you can only FP one of them and then you need to do two other FP that aren't Tier 1 before you can do another Tier 1.
Oh shoot you're right I forgot about that. Hmmm that complicates things more.

Not if she goes in with no FP. Can't you same day tier 1 after riding the first ride ?

QS in HS is kind of iffy. I have never eaten at the restaurants you listed in HS, but we usually do the F! package at Brown Derby. The seating for the show is very nice. However, we haven't done it since they began offering the Dessert option, so I don't know if this has somehow changed the overall feel of the reserved seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter