Need advice on upcoming trip

QS in HS is kind of iffy. I have never eaten at the restaurants you listed in HS, but we usually do the F! package at Brown Derby. The seating for the show is very nice. However, we haven't done it since they began offering the Dessert option, so I don't know if this has somehow changed the overall feel of the reserved seating.
We won't be able to do the Brown Derby since it costs 2 credits instead of one. We are already using 2 credits at Cinderella's castle. Do you think Fantasmic is hard to see without the dining package?

Right now we are thinking about rding at Epcot and going straight to Frozen. Then getting FPs for TT, Mission: Space, and Spaceship Earth. We waited about an hour for Soarin last year and didn't think it was so bad. We would rather wait for Soarin than TT. Does this sound good? The only thing is we would need to figure out where to eat lunch at Epcot and dinner at HS.

I have never done F! without a dining package so can't give advice there. I know it's pretty popular and even with reserved seating we are advised to get there early. So if you go standby expect to wait at least an hour.

Your EP day sounds good. If the F&G food booths are available that could be a fun option, but it does take up a lot of time in line waiting to order. Depending on what side of the park you are in by lunch will make a difference. Sounds like by then you will be out of WS and over to Future. Are you looking QS or a sit down meal?

Last edited:
I have never done F! without a dining package so can't give advice there. I know it's pretty popular and even with reserved seating we are advised to get there early. So if you go standby expect to wait at least an hour.

Your EP day sounds good. If the F&G food booths are available that could be a fun option, but it does take up a lot of time in line waiting to order. Depending on what side of the park you are in by lunch will make a difference. Sounds like by then you will be out of WS and over to Future. Are you looking QS or a sit down meal?
Honestly I’m not sure at this point. I’m thinking we would want a qs lunch and maybe doing Epcot after ak for dinner. I don’t really want to wait an hour for fantasmic so I would like to do a dining package but the two 1 credit restaurants don’t look that great. I’m wondering if we should do hs first, eat lunch there, go to Epcot and use FPs there, have dinner, then go back to hs for fantasmic. But that sounds like a lot of work too.

Not if she goes in with no FP. Can't you same day tier 1 after riding the first ride ?

Yes, but getting all three of them late in the day is highly improbable.

Honestly I’m not sure at this point. I’m thinking we would want a qs lunch and maybe doing Epcot after ak for dinner. I don’t really want to wait an hour for fantasmic so I would like to do a dining package but the two 1 credit restaurants don’t look that great. I’m wondering if we should do hs first, eat lunch there, go to Epcot and use FPs there, have dinner, then go back to hs for fantasmic. But that sounds like a lot of work too.

Just use a last FP of the day for F!. You'll still want to be there 30-45 min before the show with dinner pkg or FP.

Yes, but getting all three of them late in the day is highly improbable.

Just use a last FP of the day for F!. You'll still want to be there 30-45 min before the show with dinner pkg or FP.
Are you saying get fantasmic the day of as a FP?

Okay that makes me feel much better. Thanks! Do you have any good ts meals for lunch at Epcot?
I love via Napoli to sit down. But seriously some the kiosks for F&G were so good when we go in March the week after you I didn’t even get an ADR because I ate my way through the park last year and loved every second. The frushi and papaya hot dog were awesome as well as everything at the France kiosk.

I love via Napoli to sit down. But seriously some the kiosks for F&G were so good when we go in March the week after you I didn’t even get an ADR because I ate my way through the park last year and loved every second. The frushi and papaya hot dog were awesome as well as everything at the France kiosk.
I would think about doing that, but we have the dining plan so would like to use our 1 qs and 1 ts for the day.

Okay that makes me feel much better. Thanks! Do you have any good ts meals for lunch at Epcot?
Garden Grill might be fun for DN, but at this point don't know what will be available for a ressie. You are going to probably want to eat at whatever side of the lake you find yourself. If you are in WS what is your nieces' palate. Is she an adventurous eater, or does a burger suit her better? Via Napoli has pizza, but can be hard to get into. Sometimes it's fun to play ADR Roulette and just grab an ADR same day!

Garden Grill might be fun for DN, but at this point don't know what will be available for a ressie. You are going to probably want to eat at whatever side of the lake you find yourself. If you are in WS what is your nieces' palate. Is she an adventurous eater, or does a burger suit her better? Via Napoli has pizza, but can be hard to get into. Sometimes it's fun to play ADR Roulette and just grab an ADR same day!
I would say if she could pick it would be anywhere with a big, juicy steak! lol I looked at Le Cellier, but that takes 2 dining credits so that won't work for us. We won't be able to spare an extra ts credit for that day. We might just get there and see what we can do. I thought about doing Akershus, but we will already be eating in the castle at MK. Do you know if they are pretty similar?

I would say if she could pick it would be anywhere with a big, juicy steak! lol I looked at Le Cellier, but that takes 2 dining credits so that won't work for us. We won't be able to spare an extra ts credit for that day. We might just get there and see what we can do. I thought about doing Akershus, but we will already be eating in the castle at MK. Do you know if they are pretty similar?
No I don't, sorry. I've only eaten at BOG for dinner. We had an ADR for Akershus this past December but had to dump it when my dh and I were in bed sick with the flu. :crazy2:

Is Coral Reef 1 or 2 credits? Watching the sea life is very entertaining.

No I don't, sorry. I've only eaten at BOG for dinner. We had an ADR for Akershus this past December but had to dump it when my dh and I were in bed sick with the flu. :crazy2:

Is Coral Reef 1 or 2 credits? Watching the sea life is very entertaining.
I just looked and it's only 1 credit. That might be a good option for us! Plus, it's in Future World and I think we will spend pretty much all of our time there except for riding Frozen. I don't really see DN being interested in World Showcase. She gets bored so easily :sad2:

I just looked and it's only 1 credit. That might be a good option for us! Plus, it's in Future World and I think we will spend pretty much all of our time there except for riding Frozen. I don't really see DN being interested in World Showcase. She gets bored so easily :sad2:
Yeah, on a quick trip I would recommend FEA as possibly the only fun thing for a youngster in WS.

Food at Coral Reef can be hit or miss. My dh was just starting to feel icky so he ordered a plain grilled chicken breast, white rice and steamed veggies. The kitchen was most happy to oblige. Funny enough I remember his meal but don't remember what I had, just that it was fine and I had no complaints.

Yeah, on a quick trip I would recommend FEA as possibly the only fun thing for a youngster in WS.

Food at Coral Reef can be hit or miss. My dh was just starting to feel icky so he ordered a plain grilled chicken breast, white rice and steamed veggies. The kitchen was most happy to oblige. Funny enough I remember his meal but don't remember what I had, just that it was fine and I had no complaints.
His meal sounds similar to what I would actually want. I'm a very plain and picky person, but the steak sounds pretty good! I looked at the Garden Grill also since it's in Future World, but the menu at Coral Reef looks better to me. We will already have 3 other character meals so I'm not sure we would want another one.

Have you ever eaten at San Angel Inn?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter