Need advice on upcoming trip

Okay we went ahead and did it! Cost $632 extra but so worth it. We will rope drop Epcot on Wednesday and go straight to frozen. Then we got FPs for 9:45 tt, 10:50 mission space, and 12:10 spaceship earth. We will then do lunch at coral reef or teppan edo. Our niece will get to decide. After we feel ready we will move over to hs, ride some rides, grab a quick dinner, hopefully get a FP for fantasmic. Thanks everyone for your help! We are so excited to have more park days!

How's this look? I'm a little worried about fitting everything in so we will just have to do our best.

Epcot/HS Schedule

• Get to Epcot by 8 am
  • Go straight to Frozen (Norway)
  • Go to Future World and ride Test Track FP-9:05-10:05
  • Mission: Space FP-10:10
  • Go to the Land and ride Soarin’
  • If time, do The Seas with Nemo and Friends
  • Spaceship Earth FP-12:10 (get new FP for Fantasmic)
  • Lunch at either Teppan Edo or Coral Reef Restaurant (table service)
  • Take the boat to HS
  • Toy Story Mania
  • Rockin’ Roller Coaster
  • Tower of Terror
  • Dinner in HS somewhere (quick service)
  • Watch Fantasmic at 7 pm (if we get FP show up 30-40 min early, if not show up 1 hr early)

Last edited:
Sorry it took so long to answer. We live out in the boonies and lost power. I have no Internet or cell service when that happens, and it happens far too often!

I have not eaten at San Angel.

For your schedule I would eat at Coral Reef and be done at EP. If you go to Teppan Edo and the 3 Caballero, that involves heading back to WS and many more steps on the Fitbit! Maybe save that for Friday evening if you get done at AK early. Then you could maybe see Illuminations?

Sorry it took so long to answer. We live out in the boonies and lost power. I have no Internet or cell service when that happens, and it happens far too often!

I have not eaten at San Angel.

For your schedule I would eat at Coral Reef and be done at EP. If you go to Teppan Edo and the 3 Caballero, that involves heading back to WS and many more steps on the Fitbit! Maybe save that for Friday evening if you get done at AK early. Then you could maybe see Illuminations?
Isn’t the boat to Hollywood studios over by ws?

Isn’t the boat to Hollywood studios over by ws?
On the opposite side from 3 cabs. The International Gateway is between England and France. If you did the boat ride in Mexico, you would be walking most of the way around the Showcase. The 28th is the first day of F&G and unless you wanted to specifically do that, I would avoid the WS like the plague.

On the opposite side from 3 cabs. The International Gateway is between England and France. If you did the boat ride in Mexico, you would be walking most of the way around the Showcase. The 28th is the first day of F&G and unless you wanted to specifically do that, I would avoid the WS like the plague.
Is japan close to England and France? I love f&g but not sure how impressed DN will be lol

There is a boat that goes across the lake and lands at Morocco, which is between Japan and France, but I think you might be surprised at just how busy the first day of F&G is going to be.

Remember last week as people were reporting on the opening night of DAH, compared to tonight's reports. Last week was mobbed and unorganized. This week is sounds like it ran much smoother. I suspect that could be the case for F&G. You are concerned DN will get bored in WS. I am concerned that EVERYONE is going to become frustrated and cranky with the crowds and possible disorganization.

Just thinking out loud here...

You won't be able to make an ADR until after 1 with your 12:10 FP. So IF you are seated on time, let's say at Coral Reef at 1:10, (I would choose CR over TE. You can get teppanyaki for a lot cheaper at many more places outside of WDW. Its harder to find a giant aquarium to dine next to) meal takes an hour, walk to Mexico, ride the ride, it's now after 2:30. Walk around the showcase, stopping at various places, getting to IG at 3:30. Wait for a boat, ride the boat to HS, go through security, it's now after 4. The calendar as of now is showing F! at 7pm. Even with a FP you still should be there WELL BEFORE 6:30. In this scenario you have maybe 2 1/2 hours to do three major attractions and grab something to eat.

If you were to leave EP right after lunch, walk straight to the IG and head to HS you could expect to be entering the park before 3:00.

Only you can decide what fits your group best.

Whew, that exhausted me just writing it out!:D

Last edited:
How's this look? I'm a little worried about fitting everything in so we will just have to do our best.

Epcot/HS Schedule

• Get to Epcot by 8 am
  • Go straight to Frozen (Norway)
  • Go to Future World and ride Test Track FP-9:45
  • Mission: Space FP-10:55 (try to modify this to an earlier time)
  • Go to the Land and ride Soarin’
  • If time, do The Seas with Nemo and Friends
  • Spaceship Earth FP-12:10 (get new FP for Fantasmic)
  • Lunch at either Teppan Edo or Coral Reef Restaurant (table service)
  • Maybe do the Three Caballeros (Mexico)
  • Finish up at Epcot then go to HS
  • Toy Story Mania
  • Rockin’ Roller Coaster
  • Tower of Terror
  • Dinner in HS somewhere (quick service)
  • Watch Fantasmic at 7 pm (if we get FP show up 30 min early, if not show up 1 hr early)
If you're in the Seas, you're not going to want to walk to SE and back if you do CR for lunch. If you keep your FP the same, I'd try to do it before your TT FP and do your third FP for Nemo.

But, can you change your FP? If you're going to wait standby for Soarin', you will wait less if you do it earlier than later. I'd try to FP SE 9:30, M:S 10:30, TT 11:30. I'd try to hit SE right at the end of the window, maybe into the grace period, and hit TT right at the beginning of the window, possibly using the 5 minute grace period.

9:00 FEA
9:30 Soarin'
10:30 SE
11:00 M:S
11:25 TT

Then you'd be right by Mexico to hit 3 Cabelleros and eat in the WS for lunch on your way to IG.

There is a boat that goes across the lake and lands at Morocco, which is between Japan and France, but I think you might be surprised at just how busy the first day of F&G is going to be.

Remember last week as people were reporting on the opening night of DAH, compared to tonight's reports. Last week was mobbed and unorganized. This week is sounds like it ran much smoother. I suspect that could be the case for F&G. You are concerned DN will get bored in WS. I am concerned that EVERYONE is going to become frustrated and cranky with the crowds and possible disorganization.

You won't be able to make an ADR until after 1 with your 12:10 FP. So IF you are seated on time, let's say at Coral Reef at 1:10, (I would choose CR over TE. You can get teppanyaki for a lot cheaper at many more places outside of WDW. Its harder to find a giant aquarium to dine next to) meal takes an hour, walk to Mexico, ride the ride, it's now after 2:30. Walk around the showcase, stopping at various places, getting to IG at 3:30. Wait for a boat, ride the boat to HS, go through security, it's now after 4. The calendar as of now is showing F! at 7pm. Even with a FP you still should be there WELL BEFORE 6:30. In this scenario you have maybe 2 1/2 hours to do three major attractions and grab something to eat.

If you were to leave EP right after lunch, walk straight to the IG and head to HS you could expect to be entering the park before 3:00.

Haha thanks for the long response! We honestly might just wait to pick our lunch spot when we get there. It’s easier to just go with the flow sometimes and see how things are going. I love the 3 caballeros for some reason but we could just skip that because it’s not that cool. My plan is to modify the heck out of our FPs to get them earlier after we ride the one before it. So after tt, I’m going to modify Ms to try to get it earlier.

If you're in the Seas, you're not going to want to walk to SE and back if you do CR for lunch. If you keep your FP the same, I'd try to do it before your TT FP and do your third FP for Nemo.

But, can you change your FP? If you're going to wait standby for Soarin', you will wait less if you do it earlier than later. I'd try to FP SE 9:30, M:S 10:30, TT 11:30. I'd try to hit SE right at the end of the window, maybe into the grace period, and hit TT right at the beginning of the window, possibly using the 5 minute grace period.

9:00 FEA
9:30 Soarin'
10:30 SE
11:00 M:S
11:25 TT

Then you'd be right by Mexico to hit 3 Cabelleros and eat in the WS for lunch on your way to IG.
If I changed my FPs like you suggested then where would you put nemo? You left it out on your schedule.

Hopefully you can fit it in after Soarin'.
Okay I see what you mean. I might try to move them. The only problem is I’ll have to cancel them to move them but when I booked them yesterday there seemed to be a lot of availability.

I moved my FPs around in the morning if you want to take a look.

I moved my FPs around in the morning if you want to take a look.
What I'm seeing is rd FEA, TT 9:05, MS 10:10. Do you have a third? Have you posted your new schedule and I'm just not seeing it? Like I said, I'm old so my sight is going! :magnify: (If your bio is correct I have a dd who is 6 months younger than you :P)

What I'm seeing is rd FEA, TT 9:05, MS 10:10. Do you have a third? Have you posted your new schedule and I'm just not seeing it? Like I said, I'm old so my sight is going! :magnify: (If your bio is correct I have a dd who is 6 months younger than you :P)
Yes we have spaceship earth at 12:10. I’ll post the new schedule in post #1. My bio should have my correct birthday lol.

Looks good. Are you going to modify on the fly? If you can get a little more space between your last FP and lunch you could probably get 3 Cabs in as well. It might be tight, though, if you enter SE at 12:10 and eat at 1.

I like how this plan gives you a little more time in HS and the walking flows nicely without much backtracking.

Are you staying on property? If so, what resort?

Looks good. Are you going to modify on the fly? If you can get a little more space between your last FP and lunch you could probably get 3 Cabs in as well. It might be tight, though, if you enter SE at 12:10 and eat at 1.

I like how this plan gives you a little more time in HS and the walking flows nicely without much backtracking.

Are you staying on property? If so, what resort?
I’m hoping to modify spaceship earth earlier than 12:10 but we’ll see how it goes. I love the shops in Japan so at least we’ll get to see those! I tried to change it so we could backtrack less.

We will be staying at Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter