Need advice

j9710

Earning My Ears
Surprising my daughter for her birthday. We are going to Disney but she is obsessed with Harry Potter. I want to stay one night at the beginning of our trip at a universal resort. And do Harry Potter things. What is the most economical way to do this. So basically just need a ticket for Harry Potter things. Any restaurant recommendation for her birthday and what is the cheapest way to get from universal to Disney. Thankyou all in advance

You can’t just buy a ticket for Harry Potter........

Both Potter areas are within each park.....Hogsmeade is in IOA and Diagon Alley is in the Studios.

So you either buy a park to park ticket and can then ride the Hogwarts Express or a one day and chooose one over the other.

You don’t say if you want to stay at one of the hotels that give you unlimited Express Pass as a perk.......those are Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay and the Hard Rock.

All hotels give you Early Entry........you don’t say either when you are going.......this can make a difference to your visit regarding crowds.

Bring up a mears calculator to see what it would cost or a cab. Or do a search to see what others have done. We always have a car and don’t go to Disney.

Have a read of the stickies in the hotel board and regular board........they are full of info and damo has an excellent sticky that has all menus from the parks, hotels and Citywalk and you can decide what place would suit your family better........

That is very similar to saying I LOVE TOY STORY, how can I buy a Disney ticket to just see Toy Story stuff. Although HP is huge, don't count out the rest of the parks, there is some good stuff there!

Economical is very different for each family, it is difficult to "add on" a day or two at Universal or Disney on the cheap. Both parks price their product for longer stays.

Both Potter areas are within each park.....Hogsmeade is in IOA and Diagon Alley is in the Studios.

So you either buy a park to park ticket and can then ride the Hogwarts Express or a one day and chooose one over the other.

And a one day hopper (park to park) ticket is just about the most expensive way to do a themepark. Same at WDW.

j9710, you will not be able to ride the Hogwarts Express without a park to park ticket. So you will want that for a trip with a Potter-obsessed person.

We just take Uber between Disney and Universal. This would be the cheapest option, if you don't need a car seat. If you do, I would contact Tony Hines. His info is available through a google search and he comes recommended on these boards.

If you stay one night at a Universal resort with Express pass (as noted above), and bought two days of park tickets, you could use the express pass both check-in and check-out days. I think it would be very hard for a HP fan to do both sides in one day (not so hard for a casual observer). Note you would need the more expensive park-to-park to do the Hogwarts Express in between parks. It is worth it (IMHO) for your first time doing WWoHP. This would be a wonderful birthday for a HP fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!