Need better communication.....an easy fix

PuddlesMom

Earning My Ears
Boats to MK were not running this morning due to fog. No other instructions posted at boat dock. Guests went to main bus depot front of park. No bus. Called front desk - they said stay put bus will come. HS bus driver pulls up —says no bus will come - says we should go to HS and switch to MK. Carlos -a FABULOUS AND HELPFUL CM steps in and directs us to the settlement near pioneer hall. 10 minutes later he shows up in a bus to take us to MK. Suggestion to Fort Wilderness — post this info next time. Poor communication and no one knew what was going on— except fabulous Carlos!! Thank you — feeling frustrated.
This must happen all the time....a simple sign would be so appreciated by many who found themselves up and down the fort this morning!

The information is on the fort wilderness map that you can get at check in. A sign at the dock would be helpful for those who don't get one or are unaware of the bus option. The bus option at the settlement is always there, not just when the boats aren't running.

Bus from settlement to W Lodge, then bus to MK. This line runs every day.

I completely agree that they are terrible about letting boat passengers know about problems with the boats. Our good experiences greatly outweigh but the several times we’ve waited close to an hour were VERY annoying and really put a damper on your day. A little communication, any communication, would have gone a long way.

They need to put signs up at the bus stops heading for the boat dock. We don't rent a golf cart and I would be REALLY annoyed to find this out after a bus ride and walk down to the dock.

Boats to MK were not running this morning due to fog. No other instructions posted at boat dock. Guests went to main bus depot front of park. No bus. Called front desk - they said stay put bus will come. HS bus driver pulls up —says no bus will come - says we should go to HS and switch to MK. Carlos -a FABULOUS AND HELPFUL CM steps in and directs us to the settlement near pioneer hall. 10 minutes later he shows up in a bus to take us to MK. Suggestion to Fort Wilderness — post this info next time. Poor communication and no one knew what was going on— except fabulous Carlos!! Thank you — feeling frustrated.
This must happen all the time....a simple sign would be so appreciated by many who found themselves up and down the fort this morning!
if I remember correctly it is the yellow bus that run every day to the Wilderness Lodge where you can transfer to a MK bus which we have done in summer during a storm closure of boats

if I remember correctly it is the yellow bus that run every day to the Wilderness Lodge where you can transfer to a MK bus which we have done in summer during a storm closure of boats

YES, Yellow is Outpost to Settlement to WL and return. It used to be the Orange bus before the route change.

All that is needed are the flat-screen monitors displaying arrival time---or not. By simply employing GPS tracking chipped technology with the buses and boats it would be easy to keep guests up to the minute informed when arriving at the bus stops or boat docks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!