Need cabin advice...

macs4us

<font color=blue>Bring on the hefeweizen, it's get
This is our first trip to FW and we are staying in a cabin for two weeks. Are there any cabins near canals? Since it is just the two of us (hubby and myself), we don't mind being away from pool, etc. - in fact, the more secluded the better!!! Any suggestions???

Thanks,
Amy

I dont think any area is more secluded than another. They are all arranged in loops and are all in one area of the grounds. Some are closer to bus stops or pools but I dont think any are near the canals. The canals arent really canals in the sense that the water is moving, They are designed to contain runnoff and are part of the total water control system on the property. Every time I have seen them the water is stagnant.
When we stayed in a cabin last June we felt far away from the hustle of WDW. It reminded us of camping in the northern portion of our state of Michigan, just warmer !

Your gonna love the cabins. FW is one of our favorite places to stay. There might not be any secluded cabins but there are all sorts of secluded areas in FW.

Some of our most romantic things to do in FW are:
Watch MK fireworks on the FW beach.
Take long walks on the wilderness swamp trail.
Rent a boat and take it to the most empty part of the lake.
Quiet drives in the golf cart late at night.
Mid-night dip in the pool
Grilling dinner and roasting marshmellows
Nosey around the stables after dark and the BBQ area behind Trails End

There is so much to explore and do at FW. Have a great time. When are you going? Our trip is coming up Nov. 15, 01:earseek:

We were going 11/10 - 25, but hubby needed to take care of some things at work, so now we are going 11/17 - 30 (more time for Xmas activities, which is what we like). We are driving from San Diego - an adventure in itself!!!

My niece and her parents (I have my priorities straight - LOL - good thing my sister isn't here) are going for their first time, flying out on 11/10 and flying home 11/19, so we will get to spend some time with them. She is bummed that we won't be there the whole time, put feels I have prepped her enough to be her parents tour guide. What my niece doesn't know is she is also going on a 3 night disney cruise, so I am very excited for her!!!

We have our xmas decorations ready for our cabin, including a fiber optic Mickey xmas tree. Do cabins get to compete for site of the day? What kind of decorations can we put up? My husband and I are sooooo excited after reading how much everyone loves Fort Wilderness!!!

Thanks,
Amy

From what I've seen (and done!) you can put up as many decorations as you can take along!

I've seen the Site of the Day sign, but don't know if this is still going on and don't know how they select it. You may have to have a tree fall on you! ;)

Barbara
203 days to go

It would happen to me - my life is the epitome of Murphy's Law!!!

I started working on some "Disney Garland" this morning...

Thanks for the feedback!!

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter