Need cheap room in DD for September

zandjmom

Mouseketeer
We couldn't get the $49 AS rate and I was really counting on it. Does anyone know of cheap rates for September 20-24 in Downtown Disney? I would like to stay as close to Disney as possible. If not in Disney, any cheap rates outside but still a nice hotel?

have had luck bidding on priceline for around that amount and less and were able to receive a DD hotel through this process but it is not guaranteed. Another option would be to browse on websites sites such as www.floridakiss.com and www.go2orlando.com and you can check www.orlandoinfo.com also. They have many places to choose from.

One hotel that comes to mind that would sort of be in that price range would be the Comfort Suites Maingate Resort on west 192 that is a short stint up the road to Disney; it is a fairly new hotel that has gotten past nice reviews; the chain site www.hotelchoice.com was offering it at $53 a night the last time I looked.

Another property down from this one in that price range is the Howard Johnson Maingate West; stayed here last year and it was a clean, comfortable, and great place at $52 a night. They have been running specials on their website www.orlandohojomaingate.com so you may be able to even beat that price.

Right up the road is Hampton Inn Maingate West that I remember reading positive reviews on and if I recall correctly they were offering it around the same price as above but you can check to make sure www.hamptoninnmaingatewest.com

They are all very close to Disney along with shopping/restaurants; hope this helps and you enjoy your trip!

Hi! If you want to try Priceline, I'd suggest researching it a bit first on biddingfortravel.com The Disney vicinity zone, while NOT ACTUALLY IN DISNEY (!), is very close to the parks. All of the 3*s I've seen come up seem very nice, or at least decent. People are paying under $40, and sometimes quite a bit less. Personally, I wouldn't try for less than a 3*.

Biddingfortravel.com has a specific forum for winning bids in Orlando. There is also an FAQ http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddinghotels for hotel bidding, which you really should read if you want to try bidding. It tells you all the secrets to getting the lowest price you can!

Here is a link to Priceline's own help screen. Be warned that they do not try to help you get a low price!
Priceline's Help Screens

If you're flexible on location, I'd say go for it! Hope that helps! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter