Need Clarification On Trading Points!!!

KyleRayner

DIS Veteran
I emailed MS on trading points with another DVC member and I'm a little confused. They said that if I transfer points to another member, then I can't transfer points from another member into my account until the following Use Year. Is this true? If so, how does trading work?

If someone is willing to transfer their points to me, I would assume they would expect me to transfer my points to them. But if after they have transferred their points to me and I can't transfer points out to them until the following Use Year, how does that benefit the other member?

I'm confused, can anyone explain this to me?

What you have been told is correct. You cannot trade points with another member through transfers. You are only allowed to transfer (albeit an unlimited number of times) in one direction (in or out) each year. The alternative would be for each of you to make a reservation on the other's behalf, in effect renting points from each other with no cash transaction involved.

Doctor P said:
What you have been told is correct. You cannot trade points with another member through transfers. You are only allowed to transfer (albeit an unlimited number of times) in one direction (in or out) each year. The alternative would be for each of you to make a reservation on the other's behalf, in effect renting points from each other with no cash transaction involved.
So if I wanted to post on the rent/trade board, would I be posting as a request for rent (even though no cash transaction is involved) or do I post as a request for trade?

I would post request for a transfer into my account and then try to rent my points in a separate transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter