Need decent, cheap hotel with airport shuttle

lindyq

Earning My Ears
I've just decided that my plan to arrive at 3pm on the afternoon of our first day means we won't get to do much, so I've booked a flight for the night before, arriving after 8pm. It's me and my 4yo gs. I'm planning to crash for the night, then take the shuttle back to the airport in the morning and get the MDE. I'm looking to spend as little as possible, within reason, because I'm not going to get a refund on the airline tickets I'm abandoning. Any suggestions?

Budget hotel around MCO? There are LOTS of hotels around MCO, and many have airport shuttles. Depending on what you consider budget-priced -- some may be similar price as a WDW value resort. The simple fact of being close to MCO might bump rates up. I suggest you take a look at a site like hotels.com or kayak or such -- I see Best Western, LaQuinta, Clarion, Comfort Inn, Days Inn, EconoLodge, etc. Most will mention if they have a shuttle, or you can include that in your search criteria.

Enjoy your vacation!

Lots of pretty cheap hotels around the airport. Be aware that some offer "on demand" type shuttles and some offer shuttles that need to be pre-booked and run on the hour or something like that. Read reviews/call the hotel directly.

At the same time, price out Disney onsite value hotels. When room discounts are offered, they can be pretty comparable in price. And much more convenient since you can head straight to the parks the next morning. I was working on a similar plan in August and after some thought, realized that in the morning, I would have to budget up to an hour to travel on the shuttle to the airport (incl getting early to wait for the shuttle, getting all the way to the DME desk, etc) and another hour to load onto DME and then to the resort. Add another half an hour to check in/dump carry on bags and then another hour to take the bus to a park. So 2.5 hr travel time in the morning.

DD and I REALLY wanted to make it to AK for rope drop. I ended up staying at the Hyatt MCO on points (its right onsite at the airport so short walk to DME) and did make it for rope drop although we were at DME by 6am. But if I didn't have my points, I would have dished out the extra $80-100 for a Value (we were there in August so lots of good discounts). We had already spent a lot of money on the trip though (with a lot of splurges already) so I was cutting corners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!