Need good stuffing recipe

s&k'smom

<font color=blue>I really do have to get a life!<b
Hi, my first time on this particular thread. I am looking for a good stuffing recipe. We are staying home this year and am looking for something special. Remember the kind you make with bread? Nothing to complicated because I'll be referring my five year old and 5 month old. I've already printed out the yeast rolls recipe. Thanks for any help. Happy cooking!

It is really good......

A few bags of any bread.......any kind ......dice up an onion....put in an egg too.......I use a container of water to keep adding to it until I get the right feel......I smoosh it up with my fingers......when it is really mixed good.....I add poultry seasoning.....the one with a turkey on the little box......just add a little at a time.....smoosh more .....sniff it......My grandmom was a chef and this is what she said to do.......always sniff......so I may have to add some more......and then sniff again.......when it is all mixed together really good......I put the stuffing in the large area in the turkey and put it in the oven to start the good smell all through the house......
Remember.....sometimes less is more......and the easiest recipes are the best too........

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family
Marie

Mine is similar. I don't have amounts, just know what looks right. I use torn-up bread, chopped onion, chopped celery, salt, pepper, sage, water and broth. I don't use egg or poultry seasoning. May have to try the poultry seasoning, but I'll skip the egg since DH has to watch his cholesterol. (I've even been known to throw in some oat bran, since it is good for him. No one knew!)

I usually cook my turkey the day before and cool it so I can carve it without it falling apart. I reserve the broth for gravy and stuffing (to be made the next day). I usually put the carcass in a pot of water with onion and celery and boil it to make soup. After you boil it a while, remove the bones and add vegetables and noodles. Makes a good dinner the night before the big meal. Then, all I have to do is reheat the pan of sliced turkey on the big day while I am fixing all the other goodies.

I forgot to mention that one of the reasons I cook turkey this way is that I can skim off all the fat from the top of the broth before I use it. You'd be shocked at how fatty the broth can be!

cook up Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage. Set aside. Sautee some finely chopped onions and celery, toward the end add mushrooms (if you like them). Place sausage and sauteed veggies into a large bowl. Add your dried bread. I prefer cornbread, but regular bread will work as well. (To save yourself time and effort, purchase dried bread crumbs ...like Peppridge Farms.) Add seasonings....salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, sage, etc (If you go with cornbread stuffing and you want a little heat...add some red pepper) Warm chicken stock, add some butter till melted. Pour over stuffing. Gently mix with a fork to make sure everything is moist. If you are NOT stuffing the bird, make sure you put in more stock. Personally I hate stuffing the bird...so I make mine very moist then put it in a casserole dish to bake for a while in the oven. Enjoy :)

Thanks so much you guys, I'm getting hungry reading this post. My hubby will be very impressed. He doesn't do well around the holidays (bad childhood) so I try to make them special. I really appreciate the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter