Need help/advice for last minute Spring Break trip!!!

SeiterClan

DIS Veteran
Hello DISers!

I really need some advice about Spring Break time as my parents have decided to treat us & the grandkids to a trip to Disneyland & Universal for spring break to celebrate my Dad's retirement this past December!
Here are my questions:
1) We need help finding a suite that will hold 8(2 adults & 6 kids ages 4-16)that is walkable preferably with a free breakfast or one with rooms with a fridge/microwave that is available March 13th-17th! Our usual go-to DI&Suites is booked!

2) We have never been during Spring Break so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice about how busy it will be March 13-16 in the parks??? We are debating about whether to do 3 or 4 days??? We will be definitely getting PH's & MaxPass!!!

I would appreciate any help/advice you could give me as this is being planned so last minute!!! TIA :)

The Residence Inn Garden Grove and the Homewood Suites Garden Grove both have suites that would meet your needs, and they have free hot breakfast, but they are definitely not within walking distance of the park. Would require use of their shuttle or parking at Toy Story if you have a car with you.

We will be there March 14-18 for spring break and expect it to be busy. I understand there are also some cheer finals occurring that weekend. We did the same trip last year and it was busy, but not unbearable. Just requires some planning and the use of max pass really helps, too.

We just scheduled our last-minute spring break trip yesterday. Hojo had a suite that sleeps 8 available for our dates (March 18-22). So, that might be a possibility for you. Has fridge/micro, but no free breakfast.

Have you looked at connecting rooms instead of a suite? We use two premium rooms at the Candy Cane Inn as a sort of suite. Premiums are larger rooms, "hardwood" floors, small refrigerator and a microwave in each room, amenities basket, DVD player and free rentals at the front desk, free breakfast delivered to the room each morning (huge help when you're getting everyone ready for the parks! And you can get more food from the breakfast room if you want). The two bathrooms and sinks come in very handy! Free parking. Free private shuttle that runs on time with friendly, helpful drivers. Walk is about 10 minutes to Harbor bag check. Various discounts offered.
4 days will help you get more done in a less stressed manner, no matter how the crowds are in the parks. We've been having weird weather for Southern California (wet and cold -- unusually so for us), so the parks have been ranging from low crowds when it's wet to more crowded when the weather clears up. (Keep an eye on the local weather reports before your trip!)
Food & Wine Festival will be going on in DCA during your dates -- that will be fun for your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter