Need help deciding between RPR and HR

Iluvshoes531

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

I currently have a seven day stay booked at the hard rock and since I check the website every day for lower prices I came across a deal at RPR. For 236.27 more I could switch from a 2 queen garden view room at the Hard Rock to a Royal Club King room at RPR. It is only my husband and I and our 7 year old. I am very torn as I like the idea of the Hard rock being such a short walk to everything and the water slide for my 7 year old....... What would you do??

you can pool hop at Universal, so the waterslide question is solved, it's quite easy to go from one hotel to the other. (but TBH the HRH slide doesn't rate)

HRH is closer to the Studios, RPR is closer to IoA
at the end of the day, that doesn't make a difference and both HRH and RPR are equally in close walking distance from everythig.

7 days for 236 with the club level perks ... I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Tough choice! We're Hard Rock hotel people and love the short walk to the parks, and the great pool and slide.
But, that said, RPR is beautiful and at the Hard Rock we stay club level and love that service. So, to stay club at RPR would be very nice! But, if you do club, will you plan to take advantage of the offerings- breakfast, snacks, appetizers/drinks, and dessert? If so, it's a great deal!

I would stay at hrh as this is what you though would be best when you booked

Water slide and unique pool

Close to the parks

That is probably made you decide in the first place where to stay

The lure of getting free basic breakfast foods, free water, soda and limited snacks from rpr club, would not sway me

The evening foods do not substitute for a complete meal, offerings vary each day

I have stayed club at both hotels
I did use club for coffee and a pastry some mornings and a few evenings for appetizers for the dinner hour

I found I had to keep my eye on the time so I could leave the parks to return to the hotel when club lounge was open 5-6:30 time period when I was there

On a 12 day hotel stay, only did club during dinner hour twice

The park was more important to me at that stay

If you break your day up to where you will have set times to do the park so you are free to hit club lounge it can work for you

Club lounge at both places are well set up and nice
You might like trying rpr club
But you would need to be watching the clock so you can time to leave the parks to return to the hotel

If you stayed at hrh club, studios closer to that hotel and would be easy to get back to hrh

I called them to change it and then they told me since it is a king room that I would be charged 25.00 per day for a rollaway bed....even if I was planning on having our 7 year old sleep in our bed with us. I am grateful for your replies and I am glad I did not change. I thought the club was open all day with food offerings ...... I truly do not want to overplan our vacation and I really do not want to be watching my clock for when food will be put out. Thank you so very much for your input. We will be staying at Hard Rock Hotel...... which makes my son very happy...lol

Hrh is a fun hotel
You will enjoy being so close the the studios

Only about a 5-7 minute walk to IOA at most

Take the elevator to all the floors and get out each floor to check out the different ambiance of pictures and music memorabilia

When my kids were younger, they liked the interactive pool area at RPR better than the slide at HRH (but everyone's needs/likes are different.) Is there a non-club 2-queen room available at RPR? If so, they are usually $20 or more less per night than the rooms at HRH. Also while I haven't stayed at a CL room at HRH, from the posts here on the Disboards, I get the feeling that the RPR CL is a bit better than the HRH lounge. But that is just hearsay on my part.

And one of the nice perks of having club access, being an early riser, I throw on some clothes and head down to the lounge to have a quiet morning with a cup of hot tea and read the news. And don't have to worry about waking up the kids or the wife. And the same with the afternoon naps. :) And unless your wanting a big breakfast buffet or similar, the CL breakfast saves us some money as we can eat a late breakfast there and just snack at lunch. Then we have an early dinner (allows us to eat dinner the in-park restaurants as they tend to close early.)

Last edited:
Stayed at both several times. Love the lobby at RPR and the relaxing vibe there. However, all else favors Hard Rock.

Pool area is much better at Hard Rock. Slide. Beach Club is great. It's so easy to get to from any room. RPR lacks a slide, and half of the pool is lost to the Volleyball area. Dive in movies are great in the summer.

Rooms are slightly larger at HRH.

I prefer the food at HRH. Emack and Bolios is great for ice cream or a quick on the go breakfast in the morning.

Overall, we just find the Hard Rock to be more fun, convenient, and better designed.

The hotels remind me of my 4 kids

Sometimes I like one of them
better than the other depending on my mood

But I do love all my boys and all the hotels always

Each hotel has something that draws me to it

If my first choice can’t accommodate my vacation period, another one can

If I can not get a room booking at rpr, I can at hrh and would still be excited for the stay

I win either way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter