Need help - Disney Cruise Line house party?

Disneybridein2k3

I am and I'm not afraid to admit
I posted this on the cruise board but this board also has a creative bunch of people so I thought I'd ask for help here too! Here's a copy of the post from the cruise board:

http://www.houseparty.com/disneycruise
Is anyone else doing this? I am one of the 1000 hosts picked to host a DCL house party and want it to be a great time but need some ideas so I thought I'd come to the experts here on the Dis! So far, I know we are going to be having Konk Coolers and (my fav) Captain's Treasures (a drink special from pirate night). But I need some other good ideas for food, games/entertainment, and non-alcoholic drinks for the under-age group. Anyone have some fabulous ideas for a great party??? :woohoo: I'll take all the ideas you have! Thanks in advance!

You may want to pull up some old navigators and see what kind of games there are on the ship and make a home version of them....for some reason, Best Disney Legs keeps coming to my head...I have no idea why! Match your mate should be fun and pretty easy to do! See if you can find the music to the shows to play in the back ground or some steel drum music (did you get the survival package they put out a year or so ago with the CD?) Oriental trading company has some great tropical party supplies (although they smell like China in my opinion---not that I know what it smells like:lmao: )

For food, some DCL staples I can think of are peel and eat shrimp, baked alaska and the ever so wonderful CHICKEN STRIPS! Also, if you can find a recipe for a tropical fruit cold soup, that would be very cool!

You'll have to post pics when you are done! Have a blast and keep us posted!

Some friends of our are hosting a party also. We are invited and of course we are there. We are DVC members and are going to do a cruise next December. Can you tell a little more about what the party is about?

Thanks.

Some friends of our are hosting a party also. We are invited and of course we are there. We are DVC members and are going to do a cruise next December. Can you tell a little more about what the party is about?

Thanks.
According to www.houseparty.com, A house party is a thousand parties on one day in homes nationwide, with an exclusive brand experience at the center of the action. In this case, Disney Cruise Line is the brand and they will be sending a box of goodies to give to our guests (ours includes $50 onboard DCL credits!) Anyway, the host will have a party with their friends (who doesn't like a party?) and then everyone chats up the product. Personally, I think it is an incredible marketing tool. For Disney, they are getting a bunch of Disney fanatics to talk up a product to people that may or may not have done one of their cruises before. And who better to hear about a great product than from a friend??? :hug: There is an entire thread more than 20 pages long on the cruise board with party ideas that we are talking up - I am so excited about this party (and the onboard credits!)

I hope you can use the onboard credits for the Pod Squad cruise (however, I'm sure it has the typical fine print about only good for new bookings, can't be combined with other discounts...blah, blah, blah!).

I live too far away from you to come -- but can I be a virtual guest?

I hope you can use the onboard credits for the Pod Squad cruise (however, I'm sure it has the typical fine print about only good for new bookings, can't be combined with other discounts...blah, blah, blah!).

I live too far away from you to come -- but can I be a virtual guest?

I haven't rec'd the party package but will certainly be reading the fine print on the credits when they arrive. Can I see how that guest list goes before I invite any virtual guests? ;)

Okay, I'll wait (with bottom lip sticking out in a world-class pout).

Be sure to save any decorations they send to decorate your cabin with. :goodvibes

We're doing the House Party and received our Loot this week, apparently due to large request, you CAN use your On Board Credits if you have already booked!
We have several friend doing the virtual party with us. Going to be great time Arrr Matey!pirate:

I read in the other thread that the host/hostess was the only one receiving the onboard credits...has that changed?

I read in the other thread that the host/hostess was the only one receiving the onboard credits...has that changed?
:sad2: Unfortunately, you are correct. Originally, the party package details were released (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=22334706&postcount=315) and "we" were told by a rep at House Party that the package included "10 each $50 on-board credit voucher" for guests and also listed the OBC offer for the host. The package drastically changed (first mentioned http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1662206&page=29 but LOTS and LOTS of posts followed!!!) which caused quite an uproar with many of the hosts. The most important change was the removal of the OBC for the guests which was quite a disappointment (as you can note from basically page 21 to 67 on that that thread). Sorry - I wish I had better news.

That's okay...I hope you'll be able to use your hostess OBC for our Pod Squad cruise -- more mo-gee-toe money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter