Need help... info about ASL shows....more

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
:::::Waving::::: Hi all! I am planning a trip to WDW in Febuary with a bunch of friends, one happens to be deaf....

Is there a schedule of live shows that are ASL and is something availible for such shows as HISTA and rides like TGMR?

Any and all info would be helpful! This is one area of the World I am clueless about and I know you guys are the ones to ask!

Thanks bunches.

There are a lot of options available depending on the kind of attraction and the preferred communication style of your friend.

Some of the options are interpreters, reflective captioning, open captioning in the preboard areas, and a handheld captioning device that your friend would carry throughout the day. There are areas reserved in theaters for guests to be able to see the interpreters. They have done a great job, in my opinion.

Email Mark Jones at Disney World (Mark.Jones@Disney.com) and he will send you more information. Right before your trip he will email you a schedule for the time you'll be there.

Enjoy. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Tina:

wave2:

Yes there is ASL interpreting for shows at Disney. Basic schedule for interpreters is
Magic Kingdom - Mon and Thur
Epcot - Tues and Fri
Animal Kingdom - Sat
Studios - Sun and Wed

There is handheld captioning, reflective cationing and closed captioning available as well.

Contact Marl Jones (Mark.Jones@disney.com) at least 2 weeks prior to your visit for a schedule of interpreted shows and information on the captioning options. Also contact him to setup interpreting for dinner shows, special events, Pleasure Island, and tours. I usually give him a fairly long lead time especially around the busy times as it takes time to set things up. Mark is really great to work with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter