Need Help - WDW with a child with Food Allergies

bethnburke

Mouseketeer
My 2 year old daughter is allergic to milk, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, fish and shellfish. I know that the sit down restaurants at Disney will go out of their way to prepare food that she can eat but neither of my kids (DS is 4) do well in sit down restaurants. How do the counter service restaurants deal with special dietary needs? Is it possible to get detailed ingredient / allergy information for these restaurants and snack stations. I had originally planned on doing a sit down meal with them everyday to make sure that my daughter got in at least one good meal a day but Im not sure how well that will work given the need to plan these meals ahead.

Any information / advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Beth

My 2 yr old is highly allergic to peanut and some tree nuts and somewhat allergic to some other things (like eggs). I called a number for the parks that I found here on the boards and someone there emailed me a list of some of the items in the food carts and counter service spots that had known allergens. It was a number for "special service" or something like that in the parks. I've read that most counter service places can give you allergy info as well as the food carts but I haven't had a chance to test that out.

The Disney sit-down restaurants can be a lot of fun for kids - especially character dining places like Chef Mickey's or a place with live music like the Biergarten where they can get up and dance in front of the stage. There are lots of kids there so it isn't like taking your kids to an "adults only" type place. Might be worth to try making some PS's for your trip and then if the 1st one or two doesn't work out then you could cancel the rest. I guess too that could depend on how much you like fast food type places and how many days you'll be there! My kids generally liked the buffet type places better because there were more food choices in general.

Enjoy your trip!

here's my phone number list - not sure it's still 100% accurate. call the executive chef's office for each park and ask them all your questions. they'll be very happy to help you--they are very pleasant and helpful.

MAGIC KINGDOM Executive Chef 407-824-5967
EPCOT Executive Chef, 407-560-7483
MGM STUDIOS Executive Chef 407-560-1347
ANIMAL KINGDOM Executive Chef 407-938-2441

dj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter