need help with a crosstitch project...

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
Hi, I bought these Easter baskets at the Christmas tree shops...they are like the ones in pottery barn with the gingham lining...the lining already has on one side Happy Easter..I want to crosstitch my kids names on the other side of the basket.. The linner is removable so that is not the big problem..I do not think it would look good if I free hand it might come out uneven how do I do it?? Need help....thanks....

If you go into a stitch shop, you should be able to explain the project and they can get you some tear away cross stitch fabric.
It's for just this sort of thing. You use it to stitch your design and then it gets removed.
Sorry, I don't know the name of it but I'm sure someone here can help!
Lydia

There are several alphabet cross stitch booklets out there so I would try that. Try Michaels or even ebay.

thanks so much...any alphabets on line????

these are great...how do you go about getting them onto the project you want????

They have tear away cross stitch fabric at Michaels. Once you are done stitching you just moisten it and it disolves and then pull the threads out and you are left with your stitched design on whatever material you stiched it on.

So for example if you were stitching a design on a t-shirt you place the tear away cross stitch fabric on the top you could base stitch it to hold it in place and then cross-stitch like normal and then when you are done you just get the cross stitch fabric wet and pull it out and you are left with the cross stitch design on the t-shirt.

I think (could be wrong) that the tear away fabric is called waste fabric. I usually put a piece of stablizing fabric on the back of the piece I'm stitching on. It helps hold the shape when you start pulling out the waste fabric. Especially if you're stitching on something like a t-shirt that can stretch.

thanks for all of your help...got the tear away stuff and going to use the easter alphabet..thanks so much....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter