Need help with BLT and grocery store/check-in

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
One week until my first BLT stay! :cool1: We will be arriving at MCO about noon, so our room will probably not be ready. I am thinking that it makes sense to get our groceries on the way to BLT from the airport. We will have a rental car.
• I did online checkin (hope it went through). Does BLT Bell Services have refrigerators and freezers? Or do we need to go to Contemporary?
• If we decide not to get groceries before we checkin, what is the quickest grocery store to visit from BLT? Would it be the ones on 192 that are close to AKV?

Bell Services is at the Contemporary. We shop at Walmart and or Publix. You can Google them for a map.

We will say hi to BWV for you, let us know what you think about BLT.

:earsboy: Bill

Bell Services is at the Contemporary. We shop at Walmart and or Publix. You can Google them for a map.

We will say hi to BWV for you, let us know what you think about BLT.

:earsboy: Bill

Although I miss BWV when I stay elsewhere, I am glad that BW view rooms were booked when I planned this trip with DSis and niece and nephew. Usually I can't get my family to stay anywhere but BWV but this time there was no choice, so I get to finally try BLT.

I know where the Publix stores are near the Premium outlets, on 192 near AKV and the one near the intersection of 535 and 192. I just don't know which is closer/easier to BLT.

Info from another thread about the closest grocery to BLT. We haven't tried it yet but I've been wanting to try the "back" way!

"If you have a car and are going to grocery shop, ask the CM downstairs for directions to the publix. There's one out the back gate (turn right when you leave the BLT parking lot that takes you behind the MK -- make another right at the stop sign, then follow the road around a big circle) that takes literally 5 minutes to get to. My Google app was going to route me on a 30 minute drive to get to a grocery store."

Info from another thread about the closest grocery to BLT. We haven't tried it yet but I've been wanting to try the "back" way!

"If you have a car and are going to grocery shop, ask the CM downstairs for directions to the publix. There's one out the back gate (turn right when you leave the BLT parking lot that takes you behind the MK -- make another right at the stop sign, then follow the road around a big circle) that takes literally 5 minutes to get to. My Google app was going to route me on a 30 minute drive to get to a grocery store."

When I googled I saw this Publix but the directions said restricted or private roads, so I didn't know if it was doable. I will ask at the bell or valet desk. Thanks!

When I googled I saw this Publix but the directions said restricted or private roads, so I didn't know if it was doable. I will ask at the bell or valet desk. Thanks!

My Android maps has wanted to send us this way behind the MK before but I always thought we couldn't so I ignored what it was saying. But after reading this I figured I'd just listen to it next time. ::yes::

The closest grocery store to BLT is a Publix located at the Lakeside Village Center, 7880 Winter Garden Vineland Rd, Windermere, Fl, 34786, it's approx 5 miles from BLT. There are no restricted roads. take right out of BLT, at stop sign take a right, proceed approx 1/2 mile till you exit Disney property, turn right onto Reams Rd. continue on Reams Rd for 2.1 miles, Publix will be on your right. The Address of the store is Winter Garden Vineland Rd, but it can be accessed from Reams Rd.

The closest grocery store to BLT is a Publix located at the Lakeside Village Center, 7880 Winter Garden Vineland Rd, Windermere, Fl, 34786, it's approx 5 miles from BLT. There are no restricted roads. take right out of BLT, at stop sign take a right, proceed approx 1/2 mile till you exit Disney property, turn right onto Reams Rd. continue on Reams Rd for 2.1 miles, Publix will be on your right. The Address of the store is Winter Garden Vineland Rd, but it can be accessed from Reams Rd.

Those are the exact directions fom Google maps. I don't know why Google says restricted roads. Thanks for letting me know I can get there! The other Publix stores are so far away!

When we checked in last Sunday I was worried about the candy in my girls Easter baskets melting. The BLT bell services guys offered to refrigerate them for me, so I think they have the ability to do that here. I think the roads around the MK were restricted at one time. Now they have opened them up for public use. Pretty neat to see the monorail garage and behind the scenes stuff back there. This has been our first stay at BLT and we have loved it! I hope you have a great one as well!

We used the 'new' Publix at least 4 times last October and it's a real joy. There's minimal traffic and it's definitely less than 10 minutes to get there. Unfortunately, there wasn't much else at the shopping center, including somewhere to eat. There was one restaurant, but we were actually looking for something quicker and simple.

Don't know about freezers, but when we were there in Feb, they offered to refrigerate our groceries until our room was ready. Wish we'd known that, because we would have bought milk when we were at Publix. Ended up overpaying for it at the general store @ the contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter