• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help with BWV preferred view studios

colleen mcmaster

Disney Geek
We're getting two preferred view studios (standard not available) at BWV - one for us and one for the grandparents. When I made ressies they asked if I wanted a view of the pool, Epcot or Boardwalk. I said one of Epcot and one of Boardwalk thinking we could share each other's balcony if anything interesting was going on. We've never stayed at BWV - is this a good plan or should we both get views of the boardwalk? Also, does anyone have specific room numbers to request? (Not too far from the elevators - grandparents have bad knees.) Thanks in advance for helping a new member!!:D

What I don't understand is why MS keeps giving what are essentially confusing and overlapping choices. First understand that the only preferred rooms from which you can see Epcot are also boardwalk views. Thus, if they are saying Epcot view they must also be saying boardwalk view . There are rooms in the boardwalk area around the central courtyard (which are also the ones closest to the elevators) that do not have good views of Epcot like the rest of the boardwalk rooms. Nevertheless, the dual requests you made are essentially for the same thing, a boardwalk view, unless MS is misdesignating other rooms as having an Epcot view when they really do not.

Things to consider are distance to the elevator and whether you want a dedicated studio or a lock-off one. The lock-off studios are connected to one bedrooms, the dedicated studios are not attached to any other room and those can be quieter than the lockoffs because you won't hear the neighbors like you might through the inner doors of the lock-offs. The dedicated studios with a boardwalk view will be the ones closest to the elevators (and have only limited views of Epcot). The lock-offs will be those further from the elevators but have excellent views of Epcot. In other words you might ask for boardwalk view, close to elevator and that will likely get you a dedicated studio for the grandparents.

Thanks for your help. I had no idea that there were dedicated and lock-off rooms. I'll definitely request dedicated both for the quiet and (hopefully close) proximity to the elevator.:wave:

We stayed at BWV at the beginning of July. Our rooms (2 br) left alot to be desired, imo. There were 3 separate balconies, so if I wanted to sit out with my friends, it was on separate balconies. Secondly, our "Preferred VIew" room looked at a wall and someone elses balcony. I'm still wondering what was so preferred about this view. According to MS, standard views overlook the parking lot. Preferred views look at either the pool or the boardwalk itself. In either case, my room didn't do either. And the walk from the elevator.... it's a good thing we were all toned from walking around in all the parks ;) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter