Need help with surprise Poly trip

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the regular resort board but wanted to get some of your input too!

We are taking my in laws to WDW in April. They think we are staying at AKV for the whole trip. We changed the first 3 days to the Poly. I really wanted to surprise them with just showing up at the resort, but DH can't wait to tell his parents.

So here is where I need you help and some good ideas. My FIL 70th is coming up in Oct. we want to get a carry on suitcase (because they don't have good luggage) and fill it with Polynesian themed goodies or trinkets.

So far we have thought of :
Chewbaca t shirt because he is going to run the dark side 5k.
A can of dole pineapple
A coconut
Hawaiian shirt

We need some other clever ideas that would help in hinting to where we are going.

I believe you can get these things at the Poly shops at least, I've seen them many times.
Kona coffee (if they drink it)
Macadamia nuts.
Anything Stitch
Shells or things made from shells.
Can of Spam (Spam is a big thing in Hawaii)

Also maybe some fun things like a ukulele or ukelele things (magnets or such maybe from Etsy?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter