Need Help!!

bunny213

DIS Veteran
I don't know who else to ask....
I tried to get through to yahoo.com just now (a few times) and I'm getting a message:
Connection Timed Out.....
What does this mean? Hubby is gone on business trip and this is the only site I use other than yahoo for "e" mails - Did we forget to pay a bill or something??
I'm really new to all this stuff!
Many thanks for any help you can give me. Barbara

Nope, no bills left unpaid. I have yahoo.com set up as my default home page. It seems that they are down right now.

That is what the "Connection Timed Out..." means. Your computer tried to talk to yahoo and they didn't answer so it gave up. Maybe it should just say that, "I tried to talked to yahoo.com and it didn't answer. Please call back later." Just give it some time and I'm sure you will be able to reach them.

Thank you soooooooo much!
I was sitting here sweating - just fearing that I had done something to mess it up. I'm so afraid of this thing it's scary......I was thinking that at any minute the "computer police" would knock on the door!! Thank you again.....have a terrific day!! Barbara

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#006400>Just a little more of an explanation.

Your computer is set up to look for sites for a certain number of seconds - I think the usual number is 20 seconds. After 20 seconds, if the site you're looking for doesn't come up, the computer will "time out." This can happen if a site is down or if so many people are logged on that site so your computer can't get in.

Also, sometimes the computer gets into a never-ending looping cycle. Just click on stop then refresh or go again, and you should get the site, unless it's down, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter