Need hotel Rex - one night after safari park and before Universal

DisneyDogFan

Earning My Ears
Hi - We’ve been swapping our itinerary around and I just realized I’m short a hotel night.

We will be doing the San Diego Safari Park on Sunday and then driving north to spend Monday at Universal before driving back to Anaheim Monday night.

I’m trying to figure out where to stay Sunday night, preferably somewhere clean and quiet that comes in under $200 (including parking and tax). Any recommendations? We don’t mind driving a little bit Monday morning to get to Universal but I don’t want to spend hours in the car.

I'd recommend driving up to the Burbank area and staying at one of the hotels, like Holiday Inn, near either the 101, 134, or 5 freeways. Universal Studios is such a short drive away, and you won't be dealing with morning commute traffic. Additionally, you can drive past the Disney Studios in Burbank and see the famous dwarfs holding up the building and the Sorcerer's Hat marking the Animation Studios. They're not too far away.

Universal Studios circled in green.

upload_2019-5-4_13-37-23.png

Another vote for Burbank. We like the Anabelle on Olive, but it might price out a little higher than $200. Their sister motel next door, the Safari Inn, has cheaper rates. It’s a retro motor inn that has been used in some movies. We peeked inside one of the rooms in March, and it looks like they recently updated the rooms. (We stay there when traveling with our dog because they’re allowed there and not at the Anabelle.) This location also is within walking distance of Walt Disney Studios.

Thank you! I think Burbank is definitely the answer to my problem is not wanting to spend a lot of money on a room we will be in just long enough to crash.

I stayed at the Hilton in Burbank right off i5 by the BJs. I think it was around 160 a night. Very nice clean new hotel, worth taking a look at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!