• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need idea for suprises!!

ContemporaryGirl

<font color=0000FF>I can see clearly now!!<br><fon
A very special trip is coming up in June, and I would really like to suprise my DD who is 11 and my DS who is 14 with something already waiting in the room when we get there. We are staying ........(as of right this very minute!!) at the Contemporary 14th floor Concierge, I know my daughter would be easy with a stuffed animal, but was wondering if anyone had any good ideas of something for a 14 year old DS!!! And does anyone know if Concierge would take care of this for me?

Thanks guys!:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

What about one of those magic moment games that activates at certain rides. I think they are about 20.00 and you can find them at any gift shop.

Jordans Mom

Great idea!! I would have never of thought about that. I've heard about them what exactly do they do?

:earsgirl:

I did not find out about them untill after our trip last year so I am sure someone else can tell you more than me. I think that there are like 20 games that are themed to certain rides in the parks. When you enter the ride the game will activate and you can play that game while you are waiting in line as well as later. You can also down load the games if you do not go on these rides with a switch or button. I plan get one for my DS 10 for our trip this year.

jordan's mom

We got the Magic Moments game on our last trip. My son is 7 so a 14 year old might be too old (or too cool) for it. But then again, my husband is 37 and he had a good time with it too!

The game is like a Gameboy with one game already loaded. The other games can be downloaded as you pass by different attractions. It's really neat. If you don't get to the attraction, or you need to replace the batteries, there are directions on how to download all the games at one time.

I hope my description helps.

Have a great trip.

Susan

P.S. We surprised our kids with new Disney pajamas. They thought it was great.

The best thing to buy would be the monorail and contemprary hotel. We did that last Christmas for my DD. After I checked in my DH took DS for a swim and I had time to take care of that end.

SuziQmomof3,

I think that's a really good idea!! That game thing!! and the pajamas!! I never would have thought of that. Thanks again,
:earsgirl:

April in Disney

Thanks for the info..........but help me please, I'm new at all this, what do you mean about getting him the monorail and contemporary? Sounds like a wonderful idea, especially since we stayed there last and he loved it. But I just dont know what it is? :earsgirl:

The working Monorail set and contem resort are only available for purchase at wdw or ebay. I bought them for DD from the resort gift store Christmas 2001, It was under my tree this year, and in my DD bed room the rest of the time. They are pricey but I think they are the best thing you can get. Check them on ebay to see how they look. The monorail announces your arrival and everything just like the real one in wdw, you can add up the contem to the set.

For Monorail
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2154565278&category=1383
For Contemp
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2154558544&category=1383

SuzieQmomof3 said we could get the game thing at any gift shop...is that only at WDW? Can we order them ahead?
Anyone know?

Thankyou, I would have never have known about that!! What a uniqu gift. I appreciate all your help!

Contemporary Girl:earsgirl:

I saw them for sale in our resort lobby (Wilderness Lodge). But we bought our Magic Moments Game at the gift shop outside of Pirates of the Carribbean.

I'm sure they sell them in all the resorts. If you call the concierge ahead, or even the front desk, they might have one waiting in your room for you.

If you want to get one ahead of time, you might try giftsofalifetime.com, but you'll pay extra. And half of the fun is loading the games as you pass the attraction.

There is also a number for Disney merchandise that is only available in the parks, but I don't know what that is.

Hope this helps!

Susan

You are so welcome. You should have no problem finding them in your resort gift shop. I agree with SuzieQMomof3 about waiting until you get there. Maybe when DH checking in use a restroom excuse and go buy them at resort gift store and take them to the bell hop and this way they can bring it in with the rest of your luggages. I have heard now they offer POLY and Epcot, so I guess my DD'S monorail system will be growing. I just have to figure out a way to install them to her ceiling like they do with trains in grocery stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter