Need info on Contemporary

kimmie

<font color=green>Sometimes I have senior moments
We are staying at the Contemporary in April. BIL is active duty military. We wil be in the North Garden Wing. Can anyone give me details on this building? How many floors? Close to other things? How far to the pool? We have visited while staying at the Polynsian last year and the kids loved the arcade. Any help wold be appreciated.:D

The North Garden Wing has three floors. I stayed there several years ago. It is to the side of the tower that is closest to the Magic Kingdom. The building is close to the Food and Fun Center, just a few minutes away depending on where you are in the building. It shouldn't be more than a 5-7 minute walk to get to most areas of that resort (Food & Fun Center, pools, monorail, etc). It's also a short walk to the bus stops, right across the parking lot.

Karen

Thanks Karen!

Just wondering if anyone has any layouts of the rooms. There will be 5 of us and I know the deluxes can accomodate all. Is there a day bed like the Poly?

Thanks Betty! I am going there right now!!:D

We stayed in the Garden Wing a number of years ago, and it was a little further from the pool area, but close to the buses and the Food and Fun center, which houses the arcade. The arcade is HUGE and has a ton of fun stuff for all age ranges, even our 2 yr old DD found a couple games she could play and have a good time with.

I still would like to find a map of the resort grounds. Can anyone help? I know I have printed one about th Poly. Surely there is one for the Cont, too!:D From what I have read the only rooms with a patio/balcony are the first floor. My Dad really can't walk too many steps ( cancer patient). I know he would enjoy a patio to sit at in the afternoons. Is there a way to request the first floor for a medical reason? Howsuccessful will I be?

Kimmie,

Here's a link to the resort map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/contempmap.jpg

This map shows a kiddie pool near the NGW, but that has been replaced w/ a playground.

We stayed there this past September via SoG and really loved it. If you want a guarantee of a ground floor room, ask your BIL to call back and ask for a "preferred view" room. These are guaranteed to be ground floor, lake view, and are only $10/night extra. We did this in September, and will be doing it again in August.

Hope this helps and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Hi Amy,

Thank You. I am going to call BIL and have him call for prefered view!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter