~Need information on Blizzard Beach Cabana's

joenan88

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give me some information on how to rent the cabana's @ Blizzard Beach? I think I read they were $250 a day...can you rent for 1/2 day?? Are they selling?? are they hard to get?? I saw a thread not long ago that had pictures and some information...I would love to hear from someone who has seen them or rented one...I called Disney recreation dept and they had no information :confused3

Can anyone give me some information on how to rent the cabana's @ Blizzard Beach? I think I read they were $250 a day...can you rent for 1/2 day?? Are they selling?? are they hard to get?? I saw a thread not long ago that had pictures and some information...I would love to hear from someone who has seen them or rented one...I called Disney recreation dept and they had no information :confused3
You cannot reserve one in advance. You have to get to the park early and the first people to ask for one are the ones that get to rent them. Come in too late-even as a celebrity did recently- and you are just out of luck. I hears they have rented out everyday since they have become available. From what I hear recreation department( which include the water parks) actually sets them up and cleans up after you but the department that is actually in charge of the cabanas is hospitality/food.

You rent for all day, but if someone that has rented one first thing in the morning leaves the park early and won't be returning there might be a chance for a rental at a discounted price later that day. Not sure on that though.

In earlier discussions someone posted pics of the cabanas so you might want to do a search.

To the best of my knowledge there are no discounts on this at all. (And I have been doing Guest Services at TL as my only assignment for the last few weeks.)

The ability to reserve them ahead of time is not available yet. I am not aware of being able to rent them for 1/2 day.

There was a sign (one of those two-sided signs that stand on the ground) a little after the turnstiles with a CM standing next to it llast week. I wouldn't have known what it was for if I didn't read here. I was shocked that that all the cabanas I walked past were rented out a few hours later. Oddly, I never saw anyone except for one lady actually IN them (we were there from 9-4:30)...what's the point of that?:confused3

There was a sign (one of those two-sided signs that stand on the ground) a little after the turnstiles with a CM standing next to it llast week. I wouldn't have known what it was for if I didn't read here. I was shocked that that all the cabanas I walked past were rented out a few hours later. Oddly, I never saw anyone except for one lady actually IN them (we were there from 9-4:30)...what's the point of that?:confused3

Good point...:rotfl:

I was able to reserve a Cabana yesterday at TL for a September trip. It is $266.25 for all day. It was booked through AKL IPO.

I started a thread yesterday that absolutely no one has responded to...so......I don't mean to hijack your thread, but does anyone know where in Blizzard Beach these cabanas are located? Thanks!:confused3

Is that the AKL concierge???? I am trying to find out if I can reserve a cabana in August..:)

I started a thread yesterday that absolutely no one has responded to...so......I don't mean to hijack your thread, but does anyone know where in Blizzard Beach these cabanas are located? Thanks!:confused3

That was described in another thread about 2 weeks ago. I think the answer is where some shady spots used to be, ones with covers (ie, all Disney really did was rope off the area). And I got the sense they aren't near the pools or other activities, but that's kind of the point, to have some peace along with the shade.

Cabanas for rent; I had no idea.:confused3 There are lots of nice shady spots for free.
Yeah, but they aren't YOUR shady spots unless you want to pay for them. Sure, you could lay down some towels. But there's no guarantee you'll come back and still have your spot.

Besides, none of the free shady spots includes waiter/waitress service.

Is that the AKL concierge???? I am trying to find out if I can reserve a cabana in August..:)

Yes, we are staying at the AKL Concierge. I called the IPO (Intinerary Planning Office) and they reserve all your dining and events.

We had a Guest come to TL Guest Services today to confirm a reservation for tomorrow. We checked with a Merchandise Manager who said that normally the reservation will be set for 9:30 am and if the Guest has not shown up by 10:00 the reseration, unless fgully prepaid, will be cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter