Need information on DL VIP tours

simmonne

Earning My Ears
Hi !this is my first time posting! I am planning our trip to DL on Dec 15 to 18 with my husband and 2 girls ages 12 & 13. We have been many times and I am considering booking a VIP tour. Has anyone taken the tour and would it be better to book on the Thursday when it's slower or the Saturday when it will be the busiest?

I can't help with the VIP tour. My family is doing the Discover the Magic tour next month. That one is geared towards children 5-9 so your girls may be too old. I can't wait though! We'll be doing the tour on my son's birthday, and they took his name and age with the reservation, so I think/hope they'll be doing something special for him!

One tip call and ask when they run the tours. The DTM tour we are doing only runs Saturday and Sunday even during busy times like Thanksgiving week.

Sorry I wasn't much (if any!) help!

Thanks for the info, I think I am going to call and get more details on all the tours! I did read that you can plan the vip tour to include anything you want, so I was thinking I could choose the things I like from all the tours and incorporate them into one :goodvibes Anyone have any ideas on planning an itinerary for a vip tour?

Okay, you threw me with the VIP tour because I always think of them being different. DD(teenager) and I did the Imagination to Celebration Tour a few weeks ago and we both enjoyed it. We saw the Disneyland movie, got to go to the front of the line and rode several rides, then had a special parade seat with a snack box. All the way you are also getting trivia and info on the different decades of Disneyland and the rides. It was a lot of fun. The snack was a small water, chips, an apple, and a cookie. The parade was by the Matterhorn and you are up close and personal to the floats. If you book with a Disney Visa you also get a discount.

simmonne said:
Thanks for the info, I think I am going to call and get more details on all the tours! I did read that you can plan the vip tour to include anything you want, so I was thinking I could choose the things I like from all the tours and incorporate them into one :goodvibes Anyone have any ideas on planning an itinerary for a vip tour?

The upside of this tour is that you can plan your itinerary. The down side (as I understand it) is that you still have to wait in line. No front of the line entry to the attractions. Your guide will take your tickets while you are on an attraction and go get you fastpasses for something else, but there is no automatic entry to the attractions with the vip tour. You do however, get priority seating for snow white show, parade and/or fireworks.

Remember it is $75 per hour with a 4 hour minimum. Up to 10 people. So with tip I figure about $350 or more for the 4 hours. Not bad if you have 10 people, or even 8 for a private tour, but it depends on what kind of experience you are looking for.

I'm thinking of doing this also, so that is why I am adding this info. To help stimulate discussion and ideas. I'm wondering how best to use this tour for my family.

I just had the experience of doing a VIP tour at Disneyland when a very kind family I met invited me to join them for the tour.

The person who booked the tour said they made it very clear to her that they could not backdoor us on any rides during the tour. She even had to sign something acknowledging that.

That being said, she was able to back door us on Space Mountain, the Matterhorn, and Alice in Wonderland. She also took us in to see Mickey in Toontown with just a few minutes wait.

She gave us a lot of interesting information along the way, telling us stories about different attractions and stuff.

We were able to watch the fireworks from the train station the evening of the tour even though our tour was "officially" closed. It was awesome to be able to watch the fireworks from a bench on the train station, and not half to fight the crowds (and I enjoyed watching people run up the steps at the train station because they saw empty seats only to realize that it was reserved).

Karen

I spoke with Disney yesterday and they said when you book a tour they will give you reserved seating for anything you want even fantasmic! They also said the show/parades does not need to take place during the tour, they will make reservations anytime during your stay. They also make all our priority seating arrangements for any meals during your stay.

Califgirl said:
WOW! That is amazing! Thanks for the info.
I have just made some priority seating arrangements through Disney Special Activities Office (Vip tour)and have reserved seating for Fantasmic. Does any one know where they might put us? I did not pay extra for the buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter