Need Jeans Help

Eeyore's Wife

DIS Veteran
I need a recommendation for jeans for a lanky and willowy girl.

We are starting packing for our trip in two weeks. My daughter has outgrown her jeans. She likes having a pair of jeans for travel days.

She is five feet one inches tall and weighs 80 pounds. She has a BMI of 15 and is not officially underweight as she is at the 7% mark for BMI. Her pediatrician sent us to a nutritionist when she was under weight, and she has struggled to put on weight. She is long limbed.

We ordered a pair of Children’s Place size 16 Slim Super Skinny Jeans. They arrived yesterday and while the length on the inseam was good, the legs were baggy and the waist was HUGE. Even with the elastic tightening tabs on the tightest button the pants fell off of her.

She needs an inseam of 29 inches and she has a waist of 22.5 inches. Can anyone recommend a brand/style that might fit her?

If the universe were normal we would just head to the mall and try on a pile of jeans until something fit her, but due to Covid we would rather order them and have them shipped to the house.

Thank you!

Look at Hollister or American eagle online. The hollister jeans are cut slim and they have small sizes and various lengths. Same with American eagle. Hollister also goes on sale frequently.

I definitely recommend American Eagle as well. Universal Thread at Target works pretty well for my daughter who is of similar build.

Have you tried jeggings? My daughter is also very leggy with a small waist and I find jeggings are the best for her. She really can’t wear anything with an actual button and zipper because they just never fit her right. I’ve had good luck with old navy for her.

I had a similar issue with my daughter recently. Like you, I wanted so badly to skip trying things on and order online. After ordering and returning, I ended up going to Old Navy with her one morning and fit her for her jeans. In hindsight, I wish I had either skipped buying them or just bought 1 pair onsite because it is so much cheaper to order online with all of the discounts, etc. But, at least we figured out her correct size and haven't had issues since. In her case she was moving up from kid sizes into woman sizes UGH!

My daughter was born very premature (1.7 lbs.) she has always been on the smaller size of the spectrum for her age and she always will be. Finding clothing for her, especially pants/jeans have been challenging. Not only is it difficult to find a nice, well fitting jean...it has to be comfortable. She will not wear anything that it uncomfortable. She is extremely picky. I've had the most luck at Abercrombie kids. The have a lot of different styles and fit to choose from.

I had skinny girls, Abercrombie jeans worked, started with kids and then regular. Dd19 was “officially“ underweight (even got the note from the school), but she ran xc/track and was a competitive irish dancer, doing all for 4+ hours a day 6 days a week. Her pediatrician said she’d grow/gain weight/hit puberty when she slowed down, and she did at 16 during the winter after an injury.

My daughter was born very premature (1.7 lbs.) she has always been on the smaller size of the spectrum for her age and she always will be. Finding clothing for her, especially pants/jeans have been challenging. Not only is it difficult to find a nice, well fitting jean...it has to be comfortable. She will not wear anything that it uncomfortable. She is extremely picky. I've had the most luck at Abercrombie kids. The have a lot of different styles and fit to choose from.

Completely off topic, but I don't know too many people who have preemies! My 21 year old daughter was 1 pound, 12 ounces when she was born! To this day, she's still a fiesty little thing! 🥰

Completely off topic, but I don't know too many people who have preemies! My 21 year old daughter was 1 pound, 12 ounces when she was born! To this day, she's still a fiesty little thing! 🥰
I don't know any one else who had a premie. I remember the doctors telling me that her head was in context with her body and she'd always be on the petite size of things.

ODD is very tall & skinny. We have had a lot of luck with Target's Cat & Jack line. They have really nice jeggings. ODD hates regular jeans but loves these. We buy multiple pairs. They are reasonably priced also.

Aeropostale has 000, 00, 0 jeans that you can get in regular or long sizes!

I don't have any skinny daughters (mom to some hearty boys!) but at my last job I used to fit girls and teens for fashion events. Aeropostale worked best for the long and lean girls, especially in the 0/00 sizes. You will probably have much better luck with length if you go to juniors sizing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!