Need last minute ideas of things to do with kids ages 7 and 4.

jlnten17

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We are taking a Disney Cruise the 27-30 then staying at the Margaritaville Orlando resort the 30-2. We have been annual pass holders for the past Few years and have been to WDW many times most recently Jan 2019. We have also been to Legoland and Clearwater aquarium. We were going to try Universal this year but our kids are short (like me) and wouldn’t be able to ride much there. So now I am looking for last minute ideas. We love WDW and I thought about getting a 3 day pass or just renewing our annual pass but the crowds look horrendous. We usually travel in Jan, May, Sept when it’s a lot less crowded. Please help any input is greatly appreciated! We will have our own car so we could do a day trip although with the cruise a beach day isn’t quite as appealing since we will have done that. We haven’t done much in Disney Springs or City Walk if there’s anything for kids that age there.

Sea World, Kennedy Space Center, if you are into "space stuff" and you don't mind a bit of a drive. Your kids are also a great age for Legoland, also a bit of a drive away.

Wonderworks could be a nice diversion. There’s also the Madame Tussauds/aquarium/giant ferris wheel complex, which is adjacent to a shopping center. There’s a Dave and Busters in the area. Fun Town is a mall/amusement ride center. Disney has a nature preserve with a hiking trail, I think it’s free. There’s two mini golf courses at WDW and many others throughout the Orlando area. There’s a Medieval Times- one of the best themed ones as it’s a standalone building.

https://www.nature.org/en-us/get-in...ve/?tab_q=tab_container-tab_element_357285927

Check out the go orlando pass. * groupon has the best prices
We always get the unlimited pass but you can also build your own.
It has some of the suggestions above as well as others. You can buy 2,3 or 5 day pass to do as many attractions on the list air boats, gatorland, wonder works, magic theater dinner, lego land plus many more.

Our kids/family loves seaworld they have a food pass that you can eat every hour and unlimited drinks. We got unlimted visits to three of of the 4 parks , food pass and hotel for a week 1500. .

Showcase of Citrus is close to your lodging. Stop in for a free visit or get the groupon for a ride on their swamp safari and eco tour. They have added fun things for kids to do.

We like to tour the Disney resorts. Park at Disney Springs then take a bus to the Polynesian for dole whips then see the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. Hop a bus to the Studios then ride the skyliner to Epcot. Walk or ride the boats to Boardwalk then catch a bus back to Disney Springs. The Christmas Tree Trail will be open until Jan 5.

Allow lots of resort time. It has been warm in Orlando so there is a chance that it will be warm enough to swim.

I agree with SeaWorld. Seeing all the shows and walking through the exhibits is a good way to avoid waiting forever on lines. Even if you have to show up early to get a seat for a show, I would rather be sitting in the shade for 30 minutes than standing on line for an hour in the sun.

I've also heard great things about the Crayola experience. It's in one of the nearby malls. Seems like there are a lot of arts and crafts activities and experiments, and it should be perfect for that age group.

Since you have a car, consider driving away from some of the more touristy experiences. The Orlando Science Center is north of downtown and has lots of great kid friendly exhibits. I would also recommend the Orlando Repertory Theatre, as they are the only professional theater for young audiences (aka children's theater) in the state, but I don't think they are doing any shows while you are in town. Check out some Orlando parenting magazines or websites, I'm sure there is a lot happening around this time of year with school being out.

How short are they? We are taking our 3, 4 and 6 year olds to Universal in about a month and I was surprised by the number of rides my 4 year old who is 40 inches will be able to go on. I'd still consider Universal, personally. If we weren't doing that we'd do Sea World, Aquatica or Discovery Cove.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter