need motion sickness solutions

Gardner

Earning My Ears
I have a 9 year old who loves roller coasters but frequently becomes motion sick and then needs to lie down and sleep for a couple of hours to get over it. Once we gave him Dramamine before going to a park and it seemed to work well. That was just a one day trip though and we are concerned about spending 5 days in the parks. I know he will want to ride the big thrill rides but I do not want to have to bring a sick child back to the hotel and waste hours of our limited park time. If there is anything at all I can do to prevent this I would like to! Besides restricting him from the wilder rides does anyone have any strategies or tips for minimizing motion sickness on the rides? I asked the pharmacist today if he thought Bodine or Dramamine would work well and he didn't think it would help much. I may try it anyway since it seemed to work the one time we tried it.

Jennifer

We used Bonine on our trip and it worked like a charm. I get really bad motion sickness, even in the car. I have never been on a plane without losing an entire day to feeling awful. I did not get even the tiniest bit sick on the flight down or back. I also rode Primeval Whirl which would have been a big no-no without the Bonine. I rode Mission Space, too! Didn't get sick once! I took it every night before bed. (My 10 year old DS took it too for the flights, as he gets car-sick, and he was fine too.)

I just got back from a cruise and Bonine worked, I was not tired. I started taking it the day before our cruise and I took two each day. You're not supposed to mix alcohol, so taking it in the morning should work if you're planning on having a drink at dinner time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter