Need new ideas for upcoming trip

disneyfanatic60

DIS Veteran
My daughter and I have been going to WDW for many, many years. We hooked my son-in-law in the past few years also. Each time we go, we try and do something new and different. We have done a few of the tours like the Keys to the Kingdom, Marceline Tour, etc. We have done a lot of the entertainment like dueling pianos, Bob Jackson, etc. As well we have done many of the character meals.

We haven't tried any of the dessert parties but wondered about them being worth the money. My daughter isn't a huge fan of fireworks anywhere except for Magic Kingdom so we have eliminated fireworks cruises. We have stayed at many resorts, done split stays, etc. We have done MNSSHP and MVMCP many times. We aren't real foodies and tend to eat very light during our trips.

We really are all about the experiences lately but we are stuck on something new to try this upcoming trip in August. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

We did a trip which we agreed to only eat a places we had never been. It was tough to pass on some favorites, but it was refreshing to have new experiences and we found some places we really loved.

Disney After Hours @ Magic Kingdom (We had a great time last summer, hoping to do it again this summer).
There is a new tour - Taste of Magic Kingdom Park VIP Tour. (We are trying it this summer.)

I enjoyed the MK fireworks cruise(had a memory lapse, forget what it’s called but something like Pirates and pals), you get to see the water pageant on this too. The HEA dessert party is great also. Maybe you could also try DAH, or EMM. My DH and DD enjoyed the wild Africa trek in AK. Behind the seeds in Epcot was interesting too.

Horseback Riding, SeaRaycers, Grand Floridian Tea, the Void, waterparks, the Boathouse boats...
I kept seeing painting classes at POR, and I think I saw it advertised at another resort as well.

Painting Class - POR/POFQ
AKL - Nightly activities
EPCOT - Seeds Tour (if you snorkel or scuba they have options)
AK - Rhino and Elephants Visit
DS - Rent a boat

We were also looking for something different - added scuba and elephants to our agenda

Have fun!

I know you have said food it not a big deal for you guys but there is one meal, if you haven't done it, I can't recommend enough.

There is also Lunch ( or Dinner ) with an Imagineer. Lunch is offered at HS at the Brown Derby and Dinner is at GF at Citricos.

I've done the lunch a few times and loved it - the highlight of the lunch is that you get access to a Disney Imagineer who shares their experiences working for Disney, some of the past projects they've worked on and answer your questions. There are only about a dozen people at the lunch with you ( our last luncheon only had 8 ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter