Need off-site Resort Options

Yes, we went and stayed at reunion. We had a great 3br villa. It was spacious and just a 3 minute walk to the water park.

Kids loved it. Drive to magic kingdom was very short. As a family who typically stays on property, leaving at the end of the night was not very fun. Otherwise, a wonderful experience.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Thanks for the reply. Did you just not like having to drive back to the resort?

Have you stayed at Bonnet Creek?

I don't think it's just hyped on this board. It's hyped by every hotel and travel website and guide book as well as almost everyone that has stayed there. Many rank it as the best resort to stay at in Orlando. Also, because of the location near 192, there are actually several offsite restaurants and a grocery store nearby.

Like I said, we've look at rather closely, but haven't stayed there. Having stayed at so many different places off property, I just wasn't overwhelmed by what I saw. Definitely seems like a nice place, I'm not saying it's bad. But IMO I think it just gets quite over hyped here. The location was the final deciding factor for us not to stay there. It's not all that convenient, IMO.

Last edited:
Like I said, we've look at rather closely, but haven't stayed there. Having stayed at so many different places off property, I just wasn't overwhelmed by what I saw. Definitely seems like a nice place, I'm not saying it's bad. But IMO I think it just gets quite over hyped here. The location was the final deciding factor for us not to stay there. It's not all that convenient, IMO.

The location of WBC is what gives it an edge over all other offsite resorts IMO. It is as close to Disney property as you can get without paying Disney prices. It is also an amazing resort with beautifully appointed units and lots to do. It is usually more expensive than other offsite resorts that we stay at, and we're willing to pay a bit of a premium to stay there, but not too much. If the difference between WBC and Vistana, Silver Lake, Summer Bay, Grand Beach, Cypress Pointe is $150 or less for the week, we choose WBC. It's usually quite a bit more for the week so we stay elsewhere. If prices were exactly the same, Bonnet Creek would win without question.

That part confuses me. It's right inside Disney. No less convenient than Pop Century, AoA or Caribbean Beach. You won't find any offsite property closer to any of the Disney parks. There's a grocery store 2 miles away too.

Thanks for the reply. Did you just not like having to drive back to the resort?

It was not the drive back so much. The trip back to reunion was fairly quick and the traffic out of magic kingdom was not a problem. My biggest issue was the wait the time it took to get out of the park to the car. We were not fans of the wait for the monorail or ferry. Please know that I recognize how minor this issue is in the larger picture. We are DVC members with Bay Lake Tower as our home resort. We are used to walking back at the end of the night or taking the resort monorail.

The bottom line is that we really enjoyed Reunion and would recommend it for anyone looking for a nice off-site location. On a related note, does anyone have recommendations for similar communities closer to the Orlando Airport or Disney property that include condos that can be purchased? WBC is nice and close, but I am exploring something to purchase outright now. As I understand it, WBC is strictly timeshare.

Thanks!

It was not the drive back so much. The trip back to reunion was fairly quick and the traffic out of magic kingdom was not a problem. My biggest issue was the wait the time it took to get out of the park to the car. We were not fans of the wait for the monorail or ferry. Please know that I recognize how minor this issue is in the larger picture. We are DVC members with Bay Lake Tower as our home resort. We are used to walking back at the end of the night or taking the resort monorail.

The bottom line is that we really enjoyed Reunion and would recommend it for anyone looking for a nice off-site location. On a related note, does anyone have recommendations for similar communities closer to the Orlando Airport or Disney property that include condos that can be purchased? WBC is nice and close, but I am exploring something to purchase outright now. As I understand it, WBC is strictly timeshare.

Thanks!

I would suggest Vista Cay for ownership. It's located right off off Universal right where 528 meets I4. It's directly next to the convention center. If you're looking to do short term rentals it's in a great location. Close to Universal, Sea World and Disney. And it's a quick trip to the airport.

That part confuses me. It's right inside Disney. No less convenient than Pop Century, AoA or Caribbean Beach. You won't find any offsite property closer to any of the Disney parks. There's a grocery store 2 miles away too.

Since we want to be offsite for all the benefits it offers, we like being close to grocery stores, shops, etc... So the fact that it's on property actually is an inconvenience for us. The places we stay are a stones throw from non-Disney things we want/need and still just 10 minutes drive to WDW.

Since we want to be offsite for all the benefits it offers, we like being close to grocery stores, shops, etc... So the fact that it's on property actually is an inconvenience for us. The places we stay are a stones throw from non-Disney things we want/need and still just 10 minutes drive to WDW.

That makes sense.

Thanks!
Join Timeshare Users group (TUG) if you haven’t already. Lots of info on various timeshares. And lots of people giving them away free! We own at Lake of the Ozarks MO with very low maintenance fees, high trade power and easily trades into Orlando’s top resorts (and prime weeks) without the high cost of owning there!

Anyone stay at Embassy Suites any where in or around Orlando?
I've stayed at the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista near Disney Springs. I was with a large group of high school musicians (my husband's orchestra). It was very nice. Staff was friendly, breakfast was good, rooms were clean. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a spacious room off-site.

You could try the brand new Margaritaville Resort Orlando. They have both hotel room s and cottages at reasonable rates. Also has complimentary transportation to ALL the Orlando theme parks. Getting good reviews...

We've always stayed on sight but we just spend too much money for rooms that we aren't in accept for sleeping! it's just the husband and I...celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.:love:

Yes, we went and stayed at reunion. We had a great 3br villa. It was spacious and just a 3 minute walk to the water park.

Kids loved it. Drive to magic kingdom was very short. As a family who typically stays on property, leaving at the end of the night was not very fun. Otherwise, a wonderful experience.

Thanks for all the feedback.

I too am looking for an offsite option. Can you share the link to the place you stayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter