Need opinions - best time to go as far as good rates and crowds - May or June???

Evelyn

Earning My Ears
Good day all and Happy Easter :cool1:

We are planning a family trip with our 4 grown children and are having to choose between May and June '06. Hopefully, we are looking at 2 weeks and we will be looking at 3 rooms, so price is of course a factor - probably will only be able to budget for values or moderates - which is fine - we like them both. What I am curious of - in your expert opinions - which is the better time to go as far as good rates and not too huge crowds.?? Is there an american holiday in May and if so, I am guessing that is a rather busy time - correct? Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks for any/all assistance. :flower:

Hello, There is an American Holiday which is always the weekend closest to May 30th. However, May and early June should be good for you. The schools in Floriday let out in late May but most of the rest of the country is finished in early June. If you check the rates online they start to go up around June 10th. Go in May and the price will be right, the crowds will be right and the weather, well it's just starting to get hot there.
You may want to do your research before you go because the schedule of parades and shows may be limited depending on how early in May you go.
Have fun!!!

Hello and Happy Easter to you.I have been to Disney in May and it was wonderful.The crowds are not bad at all.One year we even took pictures of the signs by the rides that said "0 min wait for this ride".My friend always goes the last week in June and it is very crowded and very hot.The schools in New York get out at the end of June and thats when she goes.I would choose May.(And I think both are better than the last week in April which is when I'm going this year--very crowded!!!)Have a great trip.

I live near WDW...MAY is one of our two favorite months to visit the parks (the other being October!) The weather is warm, but generally not terribly hot yet. And the crowds are relatively low because school is still in session. June can be a real zoo...the crowds are high and the weather is HOT. Plus, it tends to rain most afternoons in June...especially in late June.

Last year I went the first week of May, the crowds were very manageable and I got a good rate (at the Dolphin). It is still considered "regular" season for wdw. The best rates and lowest crowds are during value season (September and January). But crowdwise, I believe early May is a good time to visit.

We've been 6 times, 3 early in May, 2 in late July early Aug, once the week before Easter. May is the best, summer is hot, but we like it hot, the week before Easter, the weather was great, the crowds were extremely heavy. If you can in May, go. I like the bands in Epcot, during the flower and garden shows

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter