• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need opinions please...10th Anniversary...help!

nuts4sn00py

<font color=red>Everyone wants to be a cat!
Right now I'm booked at CBR standard room. We have never stayed here. I have stayed @BC & FW cabins, both times with our kids. This is our first trip to Disney by ourselves & I'm wondering which resort in the Moderate group would be the most romantic. So please, give me your expert advice & the reasons you picked your resort. Your help is most appreciated! Kathy ;)

POR - Mansions (not Alligator Bayou) is what I would recommend

Good Luck!

Thanks
Jason

Thanks Jason, I appreciate your reply...is there anything specia about the Mansions that I should know about? I will say that I love the Epcot vicinity of CBR, but I can be perswayed! once again, thanks for your help! Kathyy ;)

Link on All Ears Net:

http://www.wdwig.com/g_dxl.htm

I would stay in Acadian House and get a riverview room

Avoid Parterre Place due to parking lot views across the river

But if you do love Epcot and location is more important than ignore my advice and go for it!

Thanks
Jason

Hi,
I've stayed at Riverside and CB. My vote for most romantic would be CB. Love strolling in the evening through the resort. There is music piped in all along the paths. The resort is large enough to feel somewhat alone while walking with your honey. I would recommend a king room. They appear larger than the 2 double rooms. Happy Anniversary.
Nance

That's easy!!!! My Dh and I just ca,me back form our 8th anniversary trip to CSR!!!!!! Since, it is a convention resort, there aren't as many families. The resort was not over run with kids and it was a bit more of an adult mosphere. Three themed sections to choose from!!! I thought the Ranchos was the best themed, but Casitas was more"elegant" . We stayed in Cabanas, which was nice, but too much like CBR.

Pepper market is a little moe upscae thatn a food court and we loved it. The Maya Gril had an xcellent buffet breakfast.

We had a lot of fun on the water slide (which is much bigger than the "kiddie" one at CBR), the hot tub is huge and was never crowded, and we spent some time relaxing at our quiet pool.
Walking around the whole lake was romantic and we did this plenty of times (who cares about walking distances when you don't have the kids?)
Lots of water activites ad bike rentals.

We paid $109 here an I thought it was a better deal than when I paid$84 for CBR.

Good luck!

Have to concur with susy on her points - all of them good

Well, it is always great news when you have a difficult but beneficial choice

Thanks
Jason

We have stayed at all 4 moderates, some more than once, but always with our DD's. For our anniversary we stayed at WL and I wished we were at one of the moderates. I don't think any one of them is more romantic than the other, depending on what your idea of romantic is.

CSR: Best food court and most beautiful for moonlight walks
We're from MI so it feels Southwesty to me.

CBR: Tropical setting, we had a beautiful walk to the food court through a kind of garden with tropical plants

POFQ: Small and intimate with a city feel

POR Just stayed here in the mansions. Took a walk, I found the seclusion of the bayou more romantic and would stay here instead of mansions. I wouldn't really call the bayou rustic but it does have a southern, rural feel as compared to the mansions.

Inside the rooms aren't that much different in terms of romance to me, although the bayou does have an alligator on the shower curtain.

We're not into the location in relation to parks can't help you there.

Pick what style feels romantic to you. We had a great time. Buy a Mickey and Minnie groom/ bride head pins and wear them, alot of fun!!!
Eat at Cindy's for your anniversary dinner and let them know it is your anniversary. Nice suprise for you.
Enjoy, don't think you can go wrong in your choice of moderates.

Hi Kathy

Like the two of you, we too are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year.

I would vote for POR, as you can see below it is our favorite resort. (But it is not as convincing as I thought it would be)

To us, any side of POR is outstanding. The nice long quiet walks around POR at night when things settle down is one of our favorites. Very romantic. Hand in hand with your "better half" at WDW, nothing can beat that.

HOWEVER, we spent our Honeymoon at CBR in 93. We actually are condsidering staying at CBR for the following reasons:

1. For sentimental reasons..10th anniversary at the place we spent our honeymoon....

2. Because we have read and heard so many GREAT things about the renovations. Now that it is 10 years later, back then we really did not know which "cabana" to stay at and one of the things we remember the most was the long walks to the OPR from where we were located. NOW, with the help of these boards and the internet, you can actually request any Cabana close to the OPR.

3. CBR has nice white sandy beaches. On our honeymoon, we laid in a hammock a few nights watching the stars and moonlight above. POR does not have that.

Either one, POR or CBR, will be great. It is what the two of you make out of it.

I would not be surprised if we did change our ressies to CBR now that I am thinking about it.

We are staying at POR over Thanksgiving anyways.

WOW, decisions..decisions...decisions.

Happy 10th to you guys. !!!!!!
:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter