Need our starbucks!

davelind

Earning My Ears
Hi DIS cruise line board - my first question for the board...

How is the coffee on board the Magic? We leave in 48 hours, and my wife, a certified coffee snob, is concerned. Can you get a cup of "Starbucks-quality" coffee on the ship? If not, could we bring on some of our own and somehow make it?

[I posted this by accident on the trip reports board but couldn't delete it - sorry for the double post]

Hi, davelind. Welcome to the DIS boards. I am also a coffee snob. As far as I'm concerned, life is too short to drink bad coffee or bad beer.

The coffee onboard is fair at best. If your DW has a taste for Starbucks, you would do well to bring your own coffee along with a small 4-cup maker or some similar device.

During a previous extensive discussion on this topic, some have suggested that you can go into Palo and get a decent espresso at the counter, but Palo isn't always open. And you're probably more concerned about whether you can get decent coffee with your regular meals. In a word... no.

And an important question it is! :)

I believe in the previous thread Dave mentions, I recall the word "Nescafe" coming up in the discussion. As a Washingtonian and proud resident of Starbucks home state, that was enough to scare me into revising my packing list to include a small coffee pot and my own coffee.

Now off with you to get your wife some good coffee and something to prepare it in. We can't have her starting her Magical days without proper caffeine. Enjoy your cruise!

To bad Starbucks and Disney don't hook up to create an exclusive WDW/DCL arrangement. I am glad to have the Nescafe stuff on board, but Starbucks is my nirvana (sp?).

Hey, some hope for a new ship, I dream for Starbucks on board and in the parks.

Please don't flame me. . . . .its an addication (LOL).

We brought out own ( were from Seattle) We also brought our own coffee maker. IMHO the coffee on board is terrible!!!!!!!

I would be all for a Starbucks onboard (like Johnny Rockets burgers on another line). I would just hope they did not charge extra, but I bet they would. When Johnny Rockets opened up on the other cruiseline they charged extra, but, eventually included it in the regular cruise dining options.

I personally don't drink coffee at all, but I am addicted to Starbuck's Chai Tea......I'll have a Grande skim no-foam Chai please!!!!! Yummy!!!

MJ

[I would be all for a Starbucks onboard (like Johnny Rockets burgers on another line). I would just hope they did not charge extra, /QUOTE]

I would love to have a starbucks onboard and would not mind if I had to pay for it. It would be worthwhile to have a good cup of coffee with my breakfast.

I am thinking about taking a couple of large mugs and a melita filter on our next cruise.

Sue

You know, I am surprised they don't offer a 'coffe bar' onboard. Maybe a good suggestion for them for future consideration.

Thanks all for the feedback. I'll be toting a bag of ground Starbucks and a one-cup drip thingie with filters. I'm assuming we'll be able to get hot water in the restaurants...

Ahhh, you've brought back wonderful memories of eating at the Johnny Rockets on RCL...the only thing you paid for was the shakes and the cherry or vanilla cokes...yum!! I'm craving a burger with fries...no, make that onion rings! But then again...my countdown is on for my ever so special dinner in Palo's with DH. :)

Originally posted by davelind
Thanks all for the feedback. I'll be toting a bag of ground Starbucks and a one-cup drip thingie with filters. I'm assuming we'll be able to get hot water in the restaurants...

On most ships you can always get hot water from room service or at the buffet.

sue

I to am addicted to Starbucks Grande Mocha's...

I went to Promonade Lounge and the lovely Tia made one for me every morning. Not as good as SB...but at least my craving was
somewhat satisfied!!!!!

Phyllis
:cool:

I was on the Radiance of the Seas this past summer in Alaska and they had a coffee bar, I believe was Seattle's Best coffee, where you could order all the different coffee drinks. Unfortunately this was an extra charge, but I felt well worth it, especially with it being chilly outside. That was one of our first stops every morning!!! I don't know if I would have used it as much in the Caribbean though. That was RCCL's first ship with it, I don't know if they will add it to any other.

There are so many things that work great on other ships, but I have to be realistic, and realize that one ship cannot have it all! That is what is fun with trying different ships and lines! I am looking forward to discovering what is unique and different on the Disney ship, since February will be our first time on this line!

I do not drink coffee.
Where on the Wonder is the best place to buy either cappuccino or espresso?
Bari

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter