Need poly ns room near pool and monorail (or with view), which building?

NHBelle

DIS Veteran
I just can't seem to find out which building to request. We need non smoking and since I only have a standard room booked I would like to at least be facing the pool, unless there is a standard room with MK views and not too far from the monorail. Which building do I request? PLease help, it's only 2.5 weeks till we go and I am so excited. I just want everything to be perfect.

Tokelau is a great location. I would ask for a room closer to the lagoon side but we don't mind walikng to the GCH and the Momorail. if you do I would ask for the end of the Bldg closer to the GCH. Have a great trip.:p

We just stayed on the third floor / quiet pool side of Rarotonga and were quite satisfied with it. Since it sits about 20 feet off to the side of the GCH, it was obviously quite close to food, shopping, transportation, and the "quiet" pool... not that it was a trek to the big pool either... same for the TTC & thus the Epcot monorail.

I seem to recall my wife saying she could see the MK fireworks from our room...

I think the other longhouses which fit your criteria are Niue, Samoa, and perhaps Tonga. Hawaii would be a good choice, but it's a concierge building.

BTW... there's a map of the resort at:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/poly.JPG

You would also do well to look at Tikiman's Polynesian pages:
http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/

Good luck, and enjoy!

Another vote for the excellent Tikiman's site. Wish there was one of them for every resort.

I see you are going to be at the Polynesian about the same time as me. I will be there August 6-13.

I also have a standard GV room. I always request Rapi Nui. It is a non-smoking building. The only draw back is that it is far from the GCH, but then again, it is smack dab in the middle between the Poly's monorail and the TTC's monorail.

I figure I need the extra walking while I am there to burn off all the ice cream bars that I eat among other things.

See ya there.....

Kerri :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter