Need review for San Angel Inn

liquidsky88

There's a mouse in the house!
My DF and I were looking for reviews for the San Angel Inn. I'm not sure if I want to make PS there yet. We had resos last time and cancelled because the menu was not to our liking. I would imagine the menu has changed within the past 3 years. We love the setting. Any comments are greatly appreciated! :bounce:

Perhaps it was what we ordered, but we found San Angel Inn to be absolutely nothing like a Taco Bell. We liked the food very much. We definitely plan to return.

one of my favs
especially for a romantic dinner
second to only v&a's
don't miss it, the food
in my opinion, was always very good
and i love tecate beer ion those big glasses
with lime,
john

My family liked San Angel Inn quite a bit. It has great atmosphere and we'll probably go back just because of that. On the other hand, I would say the food was average. We just didn't find it very authentic. For instance, the rice had pees and carrots in it. However, being from SoCal we have access to some of the best Mexican food in the states. Still, like I said, the overall experience is probably enough for us to want to go back next trip.

I had dinner there last weekend. (No rice so I can't comment on the pea issue!) I did have a grat sea bass with beans. I saw several disappointed diners since the menu was not "tex mex" like you might be used to. There was only one enchalida type choice at dinner. The food was good though. I also thought the margurita on the rocks was stronger than the frozen one (which is normally true!)

We enjoy the queso fundido there. We also enjoy the margaritas and I find them strong enough:) . It is not Tex-Mex food though as someone said. The service there has always been very professional and the atmosphere is great.

We enjoyed both the food and atmosphere, and if we could get all 3 kids to eat from the menu, we'd be going back. When we go next summer sans kids, we will definitely eat there. We found the portions to be large and will split next time.

We ate there once about five years ago and went back on our last trip in Feb. I don't think the food had changed much.

I had the Sea Bass as well and thought it was WONDERFUL! The whole party (4 adults, 2 children) enjoyed their meals.

Not at all like Taco Bell.

It's not texmex. It's true mexican and it's actually really good true mexican. Several of the beef dishes are actually very simple and quite delicious if you are not adventurous. On the dinner menu, I had the first entree listed (beef filet) and it was outstanding. I can't imagine anyone not liking it.

You can find a current menu at www.wdwig.com.

I didn't think about this place for our upcoming trip until I read this thread. It sounds different and special.

Thanks, guys.

This was one of our most favorite eating experiences on our trip this past winter. We ate lunch there and the food was more tex-mex than the dinner menu. The kitchen was very accomodating to special requests we made for the children's chicken quesadillas. We had a wonderful table right on the river. The good was good and it was just a great time overall.

San Angel is Mexico City type Mexican food as compared to tex-mex that is what you get just south of the boarder.

Every region of Mexico as a different food type. What you find in the Yucatan is not the same as what you find in Mexico City. Some of the food is similar but different spices and ways of cooking change.

Similar to BBQ in Chicago is one way and BBQ in Texas is something totally different. :D

I think that everyone agrees that the ambience is wonderful! The differences enter when it comes to the menu. One person wrote that the food was too bland!!! Wow, I found it to be just the opposite. I do not like hot spicy food at all (even table pepper is too hot for me). I would never have chosen Mexican food, but the majority in our party wanted to eat there because of the wonderful setting. I asked the waiter for bland suggestions and it was still much too spicy for me. This kind of question will get as many different answers as there are palates!

My daughters and I love it. It's so cool and dark and makes the dinner especially nice. My daughters get the combo and I get the beef filet with beans and cheese. Yummy! Our favorite part? Sitting right next to the water and waving at all the families that go by. After a couple of margaritas, it becomes really fun.:p

Wow! I didn't thing I would get so many replies on this. Has anyone had a chicken dish there? My main concern is my fiance won't eat anything off the menu, therefore I can't go. She only eats chicken! Also, anyone have the shrimp dish?

I tried some of my husband's mole poblano (chicken with a gravy that includes many spices and chocolate). It was delicious. If your fiance is adventurous and likes spicy foods, she might like it. It is different though and not everybody goes for mole. Otherwise, there seems to be another chicken dish with grilled chicken on the menu that might be more plain.

I had the shrimp, the shrimp were very good,....pricey for dinner but an excellent dinner in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter