Need some advice after renting WBC

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Hoping I can get some advice on this issue. I've rented DVC points in the past and never had an issue. Due to cost, we decided to stay at Bonnet Creek Resort this year. I found a seller on ebay with good feedback so I contacted them. We got a 2 bedroom for 13 nights for $2,500. I paid him the deposit of $1,250. Communication was fine in the beginning. However, it was a bit odd.

-Email address had 1 name.
-Salutation had a different name.
-Contract owner had an even different name.

Anyways, I emailed him (her, I really don't even know at this point) to inquire about some changes. No response. Emailed again later in the week. No response. Now I'm starting to get a bit nervous. I paid via paypal and I'm still within the 180 day mark where you can file a complaint for a resolution. I'm thining of waiting until Friday of this week and if I haven't heard back yet filing complaint with paypal.

What would some of you do? Would you file for a resolution with PayPal and would you wait any longer?

Did you contact seller through their eBay page? I’ve rented out a couple of WBC reservations and I emailed the renter the confirmation within an hour of securing the reservation as soon as I received confirmation from Wyndham

How much feedback did the seller have, how long have they been a seller on ebay, and what have they sold? If you have a bad feeling about the communication style and haven't received an answer, I'd probably be inclined to file the dispute (with the caveat, that they could be legit and decide to refund your transaction if they're offended).

We rent through Ken Price at Vacationupgrades. Reasonable and trust worthy.

Good luck.

How much feedback did the seller have, how long have they been a seller on ebay, and what have they sold? If you have a bad feeling about the communication style and haven't received an answer, I'd probably be inclined to file the dispute (with the caveat, that they could be legit and decide to refund your transaction if they're offended).

Mmeber for 6 years. 100% feedback. Sells mostly clothing products, but has sold a few WBC rentals. I spoke with him last week and all seems legit. Worse case, if there was no room when we got there, I have insurance and paid via PayPal. If we needed to, we'd find a room to stay in and pay it back when we got the money from insurance and PayPal. Even if not on property, we could definitely find nearby.

Mmeber for 6 years. 100% feedback. Sells mostly clothing products, but has sold a few WBC rentals. I spoke with him last week and all seems legit. Worse case, if there was no room when we got there, I have insurance and paid via PayPal. If we needed to, we'd find a room to stay in and pay it back when we got the money from insurance and PayPal. Even if not on property, we could definitely find nearby.

Good luck! Hopefully you won't need plan B!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter