Need some advice...(long)

OJoyfulOne

I LOVE the Dwarfs and hope to see them again when
Hi,

I would appreciate any input that you guys could give as I know that you all are a great source of information and experience. So, I'm hoping that someone has come across this situation before and can offer some advice as to what would be the best option.

Here is the situation: I already have booked the 5 + 2 package for September 4th through the 11th for three adults plus airfare with US Airways through the Walt Disney World Travel Company.

After thinking for a little while on this, I would have liked to have stayed at a value resort on September 4th and then started the 5 + 2 package on the 5th of September which would mean I would check out on Sunday morning but I would lose a whole day in the parks. So, I would like to possibly book, with the room only codes that are now available, for a value resort on Saturday the 4th and Sunday the 12th. This way, I would get the full use of my 5 +2 tickets.

On another note, my sister and I have never flown before and are not sure whether it would be possible to change the return date from the 11th to the 13th (Monday). We didn't know if it would be more money or not? I'm not very literate about flying and what is best to do and not to do.

On top of all this, both my sister an I are hanicapped (in ECV's)and have already spoken with the airlines and received our seat asignments. If we change, then there may be a chance that the hanicapped seats would already be filled. That's another reservation we have about changing flights.

For the purpose of this board, I'm more concerned about the air travel for ECV's and your experience with changing flights. Is it wise to change your flight after talking with the airlines already and everything being set up or is it better to just keep things the way they are?

Also, if anyone has done this, has your ressie's gotten messed up because of all the changing around or have the CM's been pretty good about changing all that without any mistakes?

Thanks in advance for any insight that you guys have from past experience(s).

Joy

hi,

one thing to consider is the cost. depending what class of ticket you have, it may cost you as much as $100 for each change (total of $400) to change both tickets on both ends of the trip. but, maybe not----i'd recommend starting by calling the airline and asking if there are any fees for changing.

if the fees, if any, are not a problem for you, i don't think changing your flight will cause you to have any other problems. you're still a month out and they can probably still assign you the seat you need--but you should confirm all this with the airline BEFORE you make the change.

good luck,

dj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter